Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another new picture thread!

Re: Yet another new picture thread!

Mikkatsuki Waterall in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. This was taken with a Toyo 45AII and a Fujinon 90mm SWD lens at f/32 for 6s on Velvia 50. One of my favorite waterfalls, I try to get up there at least once a year. This time, the water was quite a bit lower than usual.

Thanks for looking.

Gary

Street scene in Rhinebeck, NY.

Hi all, Now I have started posting I may as well continue.

Small story for this one. I was bored on a sunday and the 6x12 back had just been re-sanded after much in the way of scratching and general film destruction . So armed with the back and my christmas present from Gayle of a 6x12 finder I got in the car to go somewhere. Where to go ... don't know ... so I aimed the car in one direction and drove for about 30 miles until the road stopped. Grabbed the camera, tripod and meter then walked as far as I could down this track until my less than waterproof footware could take no more. Setup. Took this picture, then backtracked back the way.

All in all totally pointless and with me driving a fuel drinking a 1980's Porsche (not in good condition, just owned to say I owned a porsche :-) ). Anyways to draw a long story short. This is possibly one of my favourite landscapes I have taken in the panoramic format and I'd like to share it with you all.

Technical details : f22 on TMax 400 pushed to 800 in TMAX -RS ( the best developer in the world for all round use ) Super- Angulon 5.6 90mm MPP Mk8 . Shen Hao 6x12 back and finder with scale focusing on self made calibrated scale and DOF marks. I think probably 8 secs as far as I recall.

Post is Epson V700 scan and then burned the sky and spotted the dust.

All pictures need a proper story so I hope all my posts are as interesting as this, or mundane and annoying dependent on your point of view.

Steve

Made over the weekend... 8x10 wet plate collodion on aluminum. 15" meniscus lens.
    Kerik Kouklis
    www.kerik.com
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion

Made over the weekend. 150 Germinar W to Type55

Scott Davis

Christopher- what do you do to get your T55 to print so nicely in Pd? I have had a devil of a time with it and have had to resort to scanning/digitally enlarging my negs to print well.

Scott, I shoot the Type55 at ISO 20 and let the neg get fairly dense. Also, I'm using Formulary's chemicals. Though if you use B&S you should be able to get better contrast than I sometimes get with my thinner negs.

Is this what you were looking for? If not, try me again.

I dumped a bunch of Palladium images up on my Flickr site:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/christophersoddsandsods/

Polaroid really works nicely once you get the image density up. Oh, and I shoot my Zone 3 on Zone 4 with this material. Helps hold the shadow details. Then I let the highlights go where they will. A little sloppy... I know... but it works...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    Christopher- what do you do to get your T55 to print so nicely in Pd? I have had a devil of a time with it and have had to resort to scanning/digitally enlarging my negs to print well.

Scott Davis

Christopher- that's in the right track. I've been shooting my T55 somewhere around ISO 25 also, I think, but it has been a while since I used it, having gone over mostly to 5x7. I was having contrast problems with my negs - perhaps they aren't cleared enough. I'll try shooting some new stuff with it soon, and see how it goes. Are you processing in-pod, or are you pulling the film out and doing it in other chemistry? I've heard of some folks doing that to get more printable negs for pt/pd - they pull the neg without processing in the Polaroid stuff, then soup it in Pyro. Or re-develop in Pyro later. Have you ever tried that?

Scott, I process in-pod, wash for 5 mins, then clear in Ilford Rapid Fix for 5 mins, and then wash for 20 mins. I believe the trick here is to let the highlights fall where they will, even in contrasty situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    Christopher- that's in the right track. I've been shooting my T55 somewhere around ISO 25 also, I think, but it has been a while since I used it, having gone over mostly to 5x7. I was having contrast problems with my negs - perhaps they aren't cleared enough. I'll try shooting some new stuff with it soon, and see how it goes. Are you processing in-pod, or are you pulling the film out and doing it in other chemistry? I've heard of some folks doing that to get more printable negs for pt/pd - they pull the neg without processing in the Polaroid stuff, then soup it in Pyro. Or re-develop in Pyro later. Have you ever tried that?

Scott Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Perez View Post
    Scott, I process in-pod, wash for 5 mins, then clear in Ilford Rapid Fix for 5 mins, and then wash for 20 mins. I believe the trick here is to let the highlights fall where they will, even in contrasty situations.
    I'll have to give that a try- I have not been clearing with a rapid fix- just doing the sodium sulfite clearing bath, which obviously isn't cutting it.