Thread: Getrach eye / colour sync unit thingy.. opinions?

Getrach eye / colour sync unit thingy.. opinions?

I'm thinking after 3 or so years of never printing one single thing I might take to doing it. So has anyone tried any of the calibration devices for profiling and which one saves the most on paper loss through bad colour and profilling?

I know the Pantone ones start at a low price and range upto the hefty 4 to 5 figures for full on press printing stuff. So I need a good level starting point, as the OSX screen calibration although good is flawed for some sort of accuracy even on cheap inkjets.

Re: Getrach eye / colour sync unit thingy.. opinions?

The Monaco Optix (not sure of the new name now that Monaco-Greytag-Macbeth and X-Rite have consolidated) is a reasonably low priced option that works fine. You can get them at Midwest for ~ 150.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
    I currently use the GMB Eye-One Display 2, and it has worked very well. Although I have not profiled my printer, the Epson's output seems to agree fairly with my calibrated display at this point. Specifically, the Epson/display correlation is much better than "in the ballpark," but probably not as close to "spot-on" as could be if the printer was properly calibrated. Calibrating your display, if nothing else, will be a good part of the battle won, and might be "good enough"... if you need to keep things affordable. You can usually upgrade in the future.

I'm using Coloreyes Display Pro with the DTP94 sensor. The profile generated seems to be very good. Support is an actual human and easy to reach.

hey,

we use an eye1 photo at school...upgraded from a Monaco spyder thingy. I've had to contact gretag a few times and their customer support is great (Ive gotten help on a Sunday morning). The downside is the unit is about $1300. ...BUT... it also profiles papers

t