Thread: Good Locations for LF photography in San Diego Area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good Locations for LF photography in San Diego Area

Hi,
    I recently purchased a Fotoman 45 PS to try my hand at Large Format Photography. Does anyone have any suggestions for interesting places in the San Diego Area.

Thanks

Re: Good Locations for LF photography in San Diego Area

Try Mission Beach -- there is an old wooden roller coaster there and plenty of people shots. Good luck and be sure to show us what you end up doing.

Probably too many locations. You might stumble into me downtown with my Shen-Hao doing some busy (rush hour) shots. Sometimes I hit the beach in Coronado, other times Goldfish Point in La Jolla. If you have something specific you would like to photograph, perhaps I can suggest a few places to explore. Little Italy is nice, especially at sunset, and you can relax at Caffe Italia between shots.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Try the maritime museum! Lots of possibilities for handheld work there. The Missions would be great places too. For a short road trip, try the little town of Julian.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Drive over the mountain to Anza Boreggo Desert State Park!

On the way over there is a lighthouse type structure just off the freeway -- some fellow's cement and stone scupture garden...I have forgotten the details about it.

Vaughn

ps...wish I could spell!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Drive over the mountain to Anza Boreggo Desert State Park!

On the way over there is a lighthouse type structure just off the freeway -- some fellow's cement and stone scupture garden...I have forgotten the details about it.

Vaughn

ps...wish I could spell!
    That is called the Desert Tower. The road to is is just prior to starting down the mountain.

I think that suggesting locations for LF is a hoot! If you shoot LF any location can yield interesting photos, it all depends on your "photo vision". I can shoot interesting photos around my neighborhood. Now if you are interested in specific "types" of subject material, such as urban decay, rural scenes, industry, people, then suggestions of location might be more valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene McCluney View Post
    I think that suggesting locations for LF is a hoot! If you shoot LF any location can yield interesting photos, it all depends on your "photo vision". I can shoot interesting photos around my neighborhood. Now if you are interested in specific "types" of subject material, such as urban decay, rural scenes, industry, people, then suggestions of location might be more valid.
    Good point, in the Brett Weston video I have, Beaumont Newhall recalls a time when Brett was taken on a tour, by an official, of I believe it was London, and the only photo He took was of some rust on a bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Gene McCluney View Post
    True, but I figure responces to such requests will be read by others who will also be in the general area eventually, so why limit the responces to one type of subject matter?

Vaughn