View Poll Results: Should non view camera made images and techniques smaller than 4x5 be allowed?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not at all.

47 55.95%
  • Only in the lounge section of the forum.

10 11.90%
  • Be allowed only under a new section of the forum to be named later.

27 32.14%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Large Format Poll 2

Re: Large Format Poll 2

Quote Originally Posted by Geary Lyons View Post
    Sometimes it is just amazing how some folks just like to promulgate controversy. This is a Large Format photography forum. It is the outgrowth of the Large Format site that provides practical information on the application of large format cameras for producing photographic images.

This site is neither pro nor con digital. IMO, there seems to be an "cyber-borne" cancer that infects niche sites for no other reason than to revel in the disruption caused. There are folks that post just to "stir the pot", making no contribution to the general knowledge or focus of the site. As has already been stated, there is a multitude of sites to discuss the multi-faceted aspects of digital imaging.

If the imaging process did not start in a Large Format camera, then this is not the best location for discussion. Posting otherwise is simply not being a good site citizen. Please rather than posting here for processes not related to the core focus of this site, why don't folks just use the same time and energy to go make images, regardless of the chosen tool or media? Everyone will be the healthier for it! Trolls need not apply!

Cheers,
    Geary

Hear, hear!

Well said, Geary.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    By writing my opinion is that forcing it on you??? How does one state their opinion by not trying to force it on you?? Please educate me.
    No, not by writing it but by requesting - or in your case implying - that everything else aside from what one considers kosher should be kept away from the forum.

I fully understand that you "don't want to see too much digital...crap here" and that's absolutely fine with me. One man's crap is another man's treasure, or something like that.

My point is - if you don't want to see it, ignore it, don't try to remove it. That's all.

Aside from that, it is the owner's definition of the proper boundaries that ultimately matters. Everything else is just makin' noise.

If it is decided that digital imaging and stitched imaging is going to be accepted and common place, perhaps it would be appropriate to have a separate area for such discussions and presentations. That way those interested can participate, those who are not not and even put such discussions on ignore.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

http://www.nelridge.com

This is a fun thread...

Most of us probably shoot in multiple formats, including digital, and have at one time, or are even now, members of various forums where we discuss photography in general. Some of us may be pure LF shooters; probably many are not. I enjoy seeing all work, and enjoy discussions on a variety of photographic subjects, which is why I frequent Apug and Pnet where this conversation is more in line with the idea of their forums.

I personally don't object to a members references to other types of formats in this forum, but do believe that it was not created as a repository for all format information or even photographic submission. I would not chastise tho an established member for simply posting something that does not conform to the idea of the forum unless it was done repeatedly. Below is a link to the following title line:

About the Large Format Photography Info site
    What is this site about ?

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/credits.html

It seems to me that there are those that are looking for some sort of a definition to this forum to apply some kind of rules for submission. Maybe they belong in Apug? I think the moderator will call to terms anyone who goes a little to far beyond Tuan's original idea for this forum and that belongs in his hands not ours; So party on dudes and enjoy the ride.

come to the dark s(l)ide..... Carsten Wolff's Avatar
    Australia at the moment, Spain or UK one day perhaps

What sort of poll is THAT? We've got enought doctrines in this world already. Tz, Tz.....
    http://www.jeffbridges.com/perception.html "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right."