Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chamonix is coming!

Re: Chamonix is coming!

Uhhrrrmm.. They look good. But I bet the price doesnt.

As for trademarking. I'm sure that won't be an issue. Something like "Chamonix-Camera" which is a new word and blah blah blah (check Henry Scherer's ZeissCamera explanation). Of course "To lower production costs the name is abbreviated to Chamonix for all name plates"

Dave Karp

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry L. Thalmann View Post
    As a matter of public record, I want it to be clear that I, Kerry L. Thalmann, do not use, recommend, endorse, import, distribute, sell, service or support Chamonix cameras or film holders. I do not represent the company in any capacity. Henceforth, I do not want my name associated with the Chamonix products or their business dealings in any way, shape or form.

Sincerely,
    Kerry L. Thalmann
    Sorry. My mistake.

As a matter of public record, I want it to be clear that I, Kerry L. Thalmann, do not use, recommend, endorse, import, distribute, sell, service or support Chamonix cameras or film holders. I do not represent the company in any capacity. Henceforth, I do not want my name associated with the Chamonix products or their business dealings in any way, shape or form.
    Please note that the article in the March-April issue of View Camera Magazine reflected the situation at the time the article was written and the magazine published. The upcoming article on ULF film holders will reflect the new situation that Kerry describes above.

Sincerely,
    Kerry L. Thalmann
    I kind of suspected that. Glad I got such a nice deal on that Korona 7x17"!

Sounds like Chaminox wants 100% of our US money for themselves. Low cost Chinese labor and nothing dollarwise for legitimate US dealer/distributors. Good Luck Chaminox. A low price yes, but do you really expect US buyers to wire you thousands of their hard earned dollars to a private overseas bank account on the expectation and promise of a 6 month delivery? Shen-Hao doesnt even have the balls to do that and no one is jumping up and praising their ethical standards although their service has been pretty good despite the language difficulties. If your intention is to take over the world ULF camera market with bargain basement pricing instead of real trade relations and customer service through a legitimate American distributor, I would have you reconsider if you really want to sell cameras here in the US. Buyer beware. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com

No Sour grapes here! I happen to think Chamonix has some really neat cameras to sell as I'm sure others do as well. But anyone who doesnt see what is really going on here must be blind. I know it is in the individuals interest to get the best price on their merchandise but this forum has been specifically warned by Chaminox's only speaking voice between the customer and the manufacturer. "It is a long way to China and we might not be around for weeks to take your call" I'm paraphrasing here. This statement means to me that Chaminox might not be around (maybe even if they don't feel like it) to answer your your calls or problems.... If that is a good definition of a legitimate marketplace approach to many thousands of dollars worth of equipment... go ahead..... send them 4 to 5 grand.....Good Luck! This all of course could be all avoided by the integration of a real US distributor which would handle sales as well as the problems that inevitably arise. I myself was interested in their 16x20, I had asked Kerry about it last week.....I was real interested in it....until I read this thread!

Hmmmm..seems the Sour Grapes thread between my last two replies was deleted...

I'm sorry to be reading this thread. Having bought my favorite 5x7 lens from Kerry I have a lot of trust and respect for him. I had been looking forward to doing business with him for a 7x17. A dealer/distributor that you can trust happens to be an important thing.

I was going to delete it with an "oh-okay" comment in it's place, but I put it in the corrections not the delete field...
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

No, Chamonix does not want 100% of your US money for themselves. The savings will be passed on to the buyers. Chamonix was not eager to get into US market, blame this on Hugo, he thought he was doing something to help the ULF market and some people here might be interested. There are people going to China to buy Chamonix cameras. ULF is growing fast in China and people there like new cameras. If Chamonix and Hugo can make some people here happy owners and users of Chamonix cameras, they will be pleased. If nobody is interested, they are fine too.

No, you don't wire money into a private overseas bank account and wait for 6 months. I have helped somebody here with custom made film holders by Chamonix and he sent me a check after he received the holders and was happy with them. For cameras in their factory, you send me a check for the camera and once you receive the camera and are happy with it, you send me another check to cover the shipping which is around $300 for a 7x17 plus a film holder. The shipping time is 2-3 weeks from China by air.

For custom made cameras, there is a 6 month waiting and a 50% deposit is required.

I have been around here for a while. I haven't traded stuff here in this forum, so I have neither a fine nor a bad reputation. Sometimes I might not be modest, but I am always honest. I will try to underpromise and overdeliver when I do a job. I do make mistakes now and then, I will take full responsibility when I make them.

I will post prices and techical information as soon as tomorrow.
    Last edited by Hugo Zhang; 18-Mar-2007 at 00:56.