Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web Site Packages

Re: Web Site Packages

Look at SiteWelder too. I've used them for a few years and ben pretty happy with them.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

-Rob bigcameraworkshops.com Robert Skeoch's Avatar

check out "bigblackbag.com" they cater to photographers and I have three sites with them. I've very happy.
    You can say I sent you.
    Rob Skeoch

For those following this thread, I found another one....Livebooks:
    http://www.livebooks.com/index.html

Was impressed with Chris Honeysett's site, which got me asking some questions about the package. Based on their responses, there are two things I dislike about this package:

1) Must be hosted on their servers. This can still support your domain, but if you have a service provider you like it's curtains for them. And while their pricing and reliability seems pretty good, it may not stay that way forever and you're at their mercy. The reason for this is:

2) As near as I can tell, you are not buying the software, you're leasing it. So once you go with this company, your web development days are done. You cannot add pages, tweak things, etc beyond what their content management tool allows. They have a software license agreement (which I have not read) that you must adhere to.

This doesn't mean this is a crappy package, but it's not what I was looking for. The search continues. Artsoft is still leading at this point.

Cheers!
    --A

Hi Alec, I normally refrain from self-promotion in forums, but in this case since you're searching I'd like to inform you of my offerings. I provide a photo gallery program (along with my design and development services) that meets all your requirements - check it out: WideRange Galleries

Probably the greatest selling point of my program is that it's highly optimized for Google (for instance google "mountain photography").

Good luck with your search; let me know if you have questions.

~Jack

I purchased a domain name and a 5 page website about a year ago from register.com. I had plans of designing my own website but I have always found more important things to do . So I have had the site which is not published yet with the email for the site and have been paying for it, but it is not much good if it is not done and published. What I'm getting at here is I also need help with designing and publishing my site or it will never get done. So this is a cry for help from an old ULF photographer that is not very computer savvy.

Hi Robert, I was in the same situation as you. I have enough things to keep me busy so I didn't want to add learning to write code to the list. I looked at trying to do it myself but ended up going with Kevin Saitta's program, Art Soft.

I don't take advantage of half the tools that his program makes available. I mainly use it as a web based portfolio. Eventually I will use the sales features. To me thats the beauty of the software package, you can customize it to fit your needs. Kevin is only a phone call away if you need help and he is constantly adding new features. Now I just have to start using more of them.

I hope this helps with your decision.

My website was designed by VerveLabs, and I have been extremely pleased with what they set up and the modifications to the basic package. Any problems that cropped up over the years (very few) were quickly solved. I like the speed that the site loads up, and the way it scrolls. A new feature, that I do not have, is a slide show.

I recommend you contact them.

Regards,

Mike

VerveLabs has an excellent product. It is similar too what I use Sitewelder with a somewhat different pricing structure. I have a number of friends with Vervelab site, but check out Sitewelder. It is first rate too and I have been very happy with it.

http://www.sitewelder.com/
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"