Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 16x20 on sinar P2 :-)

16x20 on sinar P2 :-)

i'm finishing the building of the back and bellows , you can see pictures on my web site here : http://perso.orange.fr/christophe.me...aphie/ulf.html explanations are in french .. not the pictures :-)

christophe.

Re: 16x20 on sinar P2 :-)

Christophe,

Congratulations on a job well done! The camera looks great. I find the fact that you used carbon fiber for the construction most interesting. I'm sure that helped save a lot of weight. Can you tell us how much your completed camera weighs? Also, since I don't read French, would you mind telling us where you sourced the carbon fiber materials and what it was like (what tools, any difficulties, etc.) to work with carbon fiber as a camera building material?

Thanks,
    Kerry

thank you kerry,
    yes i used carbon fiber fot the construction, it's very easy to cut and glue with epoxy resin . i bought the carbon fiber in france here : http://www.structil.biz/ , all the tools i used is a metal saw , a power drill and sand paper ... i worked a few hours on it :-) but the camera will work ... i don't know the camera weight for the moment but i think it's under 12 kg . the most difficult to do was bellows and i had to do it 3 times ti build one good enough !! 12 hours of work on the last good bellows ( you see on the pictures ).
    christophe metairie.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Bonjour Christophe,

I assume that your experience with the Carbon Infinity helped you decide on the choise of materials?

Very good job Christophe,
    you are right when you talk about the problems with the construction of the bellow.I havev tried to make one by myself for a 8x20 camera time ago but with diferent results(sigh!).
    BTW I would ask you if you can post some pics of the final product I'm interested to see how you build the back holder .I'm on the process to build up the same monster on an old Toyo 45 camera view monorail.

About the bellow I couldn't make the perfect corners as yours.On the left pic I can't understand if you calculate the 45 degree angle on the largest pattern or on the smaller one (since this is not a square bellow there are 2 dieffernt patterns to consider ).
    Thanks again for posting your wonderful camera.
    Ciao

hello Ole ... :-)

for 8*20 : i calculate all with a bellows calculator , see the jpeg and zip file ;-)
    the angle is not 45 ° ....

christophe.

i have know the weight of the complete camera ready to shoot : 10.4 kg ... not so heavy for this format no ? :-)

christophe metairie.

i meant " i have now " :-) sorry for my english ...

Looks like a great adaptation.

I've read that carbon fiber produces a lot of splinters, so one needs to wear leather gloves and be particularly careful about cleanup with it.

So have you made any 16x20" Ilfochromes exposed in the camera yet? It would be interesting to see some examples.

Christophe,

A nice job. Congratulations.

I am actually working on a similar project, namely combining a 14x17 Lotus back with a Cambo Legend front.

My question to you. What material did you use for the bellows, and what is our supplier?

As I am living in France, too, I might use the same source.

Thank's a lot in advance and best regards

Thierry