Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Marketing Question: 5x7 Film Holders

Re: Marketing Question: 5x7 Film Holders

Paul, that is great news and thanks for posting.

Hopefully you will offer the holders at a reasonable price.

Thanks for the update Paul. Does this also include the 5x7 holders?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Willard View Post
    Why do I want to use 5x8. Well because I cut my film from 8x10. With 5x8 I need only make one cut just like I do for my 4x10 film. When I cut my own 5x7 from 10 sheets of 8x10, I first make the 5" cut which requires 10 passes. Now I have 20 sheets I need to trim down from 8" to 7" requiring a total of 30 cuts. This is very time-consuming and has the potential to increasing dust contamination. If I could use a 5x8 sheet then I would only make 10 cuts, and after processing the film I could trim the remaining 1" off in full daylight which is easy, and I do not have to worry about dust.
    Stupid question, maybe, but why don't you cut the sheets down to 7" first - this would save you ten cuts. And how do you cut the sheets? Do the half sheets fit into 5x7" holders? I doubt that either 8x10" or 5x7" film have *exactly* that format. (these questions are not meant to be ironic - but I'm pretty much in the same stiuation, except that I have only 13x18cm holders so far - even less film available for those)

Yes, a 5x7 fotoman! I looked at your site and am quite interested in the 45ps ... but not enough to buy one right now as I have a 4x5 camera. In 5x7 ... that would be a "for sure" buy ... and of course I'd need some holders to go with that.

I will be crossing my fingers.
    To find the answers - question them!

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel+ View Post
    Yes, a 5x7 fotoman! I looked at your site and am quite interested in the 45ps ... but not enough to buy one right now as I have a 4x5 camera. In 5x7 ... that would be a "for sure" buy ... and of course I'd need some holders to go with that.

I will be crossing my fingers.
    Where did you see 5X7 holders on the site? I couldn't find any. I am wondering when the whole plate holders will ever become available.

Fotoman Update: I know, I know... we're behind schedule. Here's where we are as of this moment... all of the molds are finished, and we have produced a sample run of all sizes. We are now testing all of our new film holders (4x5, 5x7, WP, 4x10 & 8x10), and waiting on the packaging to be delivered. I have sent Oren Grad one of our WP holders to test in a number of WP cameras for compatibility. I am assuming that there will be at least some changes required to the molds, though we haven't seen any yet. Net, net... probably the middle of January for a release date.

57PS Camera... we are currently shooting with the initial prototype, and all appears to be in order. We will be commencing production shortly, with the 1st deliveries anticipated in 90 days or thereabouts.

Paul, may I ask if the 5x7 holders will still be priced around or under $55, as planned?

Thumbs up Re: Marketing Question: 5x7 Film Holders

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Droluk View Post
    Fotoman Update: I know, I know... we're behind schedule. Here's where we are as of this moment... all of the molds are finished, and we have produced a sample run of all sizes. We are now testing all of our new film holders (4x5, 5x7, WP, 4x10 & 8x10), and waiting on the packaging to be delivered. I have sent Oren Grad one of our WP holders to test in a number of WP cameras for compatibility. I am assuming that there will be at least some changes required to the molds, though we haven't seen any yet. Net, net... probably the middle of January for a release date.

57PS Camera... we are currently shooting with the initial prototype, and all appears to be in order. We will be commencing production shortly, with the 1st deliveries anticipated in 90 days or thereabouts.
    Why Oren of all people?

Will be happy to hear the results from Oren who was an excellent choice as a tester. Very good selection there.

Cheers and can't wait for the results!

Thanks Oren and Paul!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Corcuera View Post
    Paul, may I ask if the 5x7 holders will still be priced around or under $55, as planned?
    The MSRP is 69.95 USD.

Do or do not. There is no try.

How about pricing for the WP size? And will they fit my Improved Seneca View?

Thx.