Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Private Property viewed from public streets

Re: Private Property viewed from public streets

I accept Mr. Lewis's opinion as Gospel -- just wanted to find out what's possible (apparently nothing affordable).

>> I suspect you are either too young to remember the cold war...
    HA! 62 this year. I remember my dad fuming at uncle Joe's witch hunts. 9/11 was our Reichstags fire. Trees and rocks don't shriek yet about Sicherheit des Vaterlands (I assume that's in the works), and I guess I can learn to say "für das Vaterland und das Reich" without throwing up.

gb

Then just accept that we are back in the cold war.:-) (I teach national security law, and it is amazing to me how fast we got back to the cold war after 9/11.)

Every coin has two sides. Can you imagine the public uproar if Homeland Security did nothing to curtail recon photos by real terrorists, and someone stubbed their toe (or, broke a nail) on the debris from a terrorist bomb on U.S. soil? We live in a protect us from everything society, so it's a no-win situation for the government and police. Private security guards, I suspect, simply enjoy the opportunity to flex their authority in concert.