Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scitex Creo EVERSMART PRO scanner

Scitex Creo EVERSMART PRO scanner

I purchased a Scitex Creo Eversmart Pro scanner this past evening. The scanner is described as in excellent condition, guaranteed not to be DOA on arrival, and apparently comes with a full set of manuals and software. I understand that this is a very heavy machine, has a 12X17 platen and will scan at up to abut 3200 dpi, and probably runs only with a legend system, hopefully MAC 9.2.2 which I have on an old G3.

Can anyone share further information about this scanner, or perhaps direct me to a site or discussion group about it.

Sandy King

Re: Scitex Creo EVERSMART PRO scanner

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I purchased a Scitex Creo Eversmart Pro scanner this past evening. The scanner is described as in excellent condition, guaranteed not to be DOA on arrival, and apparently comes with a full set of manuals and software. I understand that this is a very heavy machine, has a 12X17 platen and will scan at up to abut 3200 dpi, and probably runs only with a legend system, hopefully MAC 9.2.2 which I have on an old G3.

Can anyone share further information about this scanner, or perhaps direct me to a site or discussion group about it.

Sandy King
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ScanHi-End/

Bruce Watson

http://graphics.kodak.com/US/product...ng_application

When CREO had these, they did update OXygen to run on Mac OS X for some of their older flatbeds. I would suggest contacting them to ask what the newest software version might be that you could run. Also, the link above has a demo of a newer software version that you can try out.

If you will be running the older software included with that scanner, then it might run on OS 9.2.2. Check for potential software conflicts, such as other scanning extensions in your System folder. The old software was quite good, so if it works okay you may not want to pay to get the latest version.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Thanks very much to Bruce and Gordon for the links and information provided.

I am busy exploring this.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Moat View Post
    http://graphics.kodak.com/US/product...ng_application

When CREO had these, they did update OXygen to run on Mac OS X for some of their older flatbeds. I would suggest contacting them to ask what the newest software version might be that you could run. Also, the link above has a demo of a newer software version that you can try out.

If you will be running the older software included with that scanner, then it might run on OS 9.2.2. Check for potential software conflicts, such as other scanning extensions in your System folder. The old software was quite good, so if it works okay you may not want to pay to get the latest version.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

I will check out the software. If I am indeed able to operate this scanner with MAC OS X system that will be the cat's meow.

Thanks very much. I will post information to the forum about this based on what I find.

Sandy King

I am truly envious............................have fun!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I am truly envious............................have fun!
    Kirk,

The main concern at this point is the shipping. The seller guarantees that it will not be DOA but I am still concerned since scanners are delicate pieces of equipment.

However, assuming that I am able to get it up and running it should replace three different scanners I am now using and save on space, if not weight. At present I have a Leafscan 45 for medium format negatives, a Microtek 9800XL for ULF, and an Epson 4870 for 5X7.

I had a message from Ted Harris and he indicated the he had looked at the scanner and that if it works I got a pretty good buy. Course, those "ifs" run rings around you!!

Sandy

Sandy,

One more thought. I don't recall if the shipping specifically specified that they would crate the machine. If that is not part of the deal then you should checkandsee if they will crate it or have it crated. It is absolutely worththe extra meny to insure its safe travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Sandy,

One more thought. I don't recall if the shipping specifically specified that they would crate the machine. If that is not part of the deal then you should checkandsee if they will crate it or have it crated. It is absolutely worththe extra meny to insure its safe travel.
    Ted,

Yes, the seller does state that the scanner will be professionally packed and crated for shipping, and he is charging a lot for that. And guaranteed that it will not be DOA.

I was speculating that it might be better to drive up there (it is in New Jersey) and pick it up myself, but that would take two really long days of driving for me, and the corridor I-95 corridor from south of Washington north to Jersey is quite miserable even on a good day.

Sandy

LOLOLOLOL ...... I'd pay a lot not to make that drive!