I am about to buy Sinar F2 but I also need 5x7 back for this camera. I am considering two options: get F2 4x5 set and add 5x7 format conversion kit, if I can find it for $400-500 or get separate parts and assemble 5x7 camera first, and then add a reducing back. I have few questions:
1. What parts I need to assemble the camera. Is front and back standards, monorail and rail clamp enough, or I need something else?
2. Would P2 5x7 back fit on F1/2 monorail?
3. Will P2 5x7 conversion kit bellows fit F1/2 front standard?
4. There is P2 5x7 back currently on e-bay for a bit less then $1000. Is is fair price or should I wait for better deal?
5. Is there dedicated F2 5x7 conversion kit or P2 is the only one, at least B&H lists only this one.
Any help and ideas highly appreciated,