Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MAGNAchrom Issue #3 is now available

Re: MAGNAchrom Issue #3 is now available

A few comments.

Congratulations to the editor of MAGNAchrom for a great, information-packed, and very *well-edited* issue. In particular, thanks for the excellent job of editing of my own article on carbon printing, which appears in the issue.

I want to thank MS for the opportunity to put on-line a good working description of the carbon process. I am very happy to have this material available to everyone at a free to subscribers on-line source.

Let me also say that it was a pleasure in every way to deal with MS. My messages of inquiry were always promptly answered, and from the beginning I felt very assured of the integrity of the person with whom I was dealing. And even when there were some un-expected issues, the editor always responded quickly to my questions. I was very disappointed that my portfolio of carbon prints was not included in this issue, but fuly satisfied by an email message from Michael that they would appear in an up-coming issue of portfolios.

Also, thanks very much to the many persons who have contacted me by email to thank me for the article and for my efforts to promote carbon printing. And particularly to those persons who have worked professionally as carbon printers, including persons who have directed carbon printing labs. I am truly humbled by praise of my work from persons of this caliber.

Finally, I would like to encourage the editor of MAGNAchrom to continue to seek out and publish new authors and photographers, view points, portfolios and presentations, and to avoid to the extent possible becoming insular and isolated from reality, as we have seen in several of the current US publications on photography.

Some suggest we should be happy for anything we get in terms of photography publications. In this age of such great opportunity provided by the digital revolution, I say we should aim for the best. Based on my work with him in preparing the carbon article I am of the opinion that MS is a person who knows how aim.

Sandy King

I think you're really onto something very good here. I wish you nothing but continued success.

I too want to thank Michael for such a fine issue.