Now that I think Rodinal is available I am getting back to some experiments with rotary processing in Rodinal. The ideas of edge effects and agitation with Rodinal have been discussed in length, however, I have not seen negatives for myself to support any claims either way.

My setup involves a Jobo processor with temp control and lift and a Jobo tempering box.

I created a spread sheet that does the calculations for me. Basically the input data is

nominal Rodinal dilution: (ie 1:100)
ml of Rodinal per roll: (ie 10)
number of rolls: (ie 4)
Volume for processor for those rolls: (ie 470cc)
Time: (ie 12 min)

The output from the spread sheet includes:

Actual total volume of chemistry: (ie 3290cc)
Actual volume of Rodinal: (ie 40cc)
Actual dilution: (ie 1:98)
Number of bottles of developer: (ie 7)
Timing interval: (ie 1min 47sec)
Complete list of change times:

The spread sheet is pretty sophistocated in that it figures out how many changes of chemistry are required so that a total volume of dilute developer is seen by the film. It rounds it out to an exact volume based on the Jobo tank information on rotary tank capacity. Due to this rounding the final dilution is not quite 1:100, but the spread sheet lets you know what the exact dilution wound up being.

The spread sheet also does the timing math so there is a printout of the times as they would come up on the Graylab timer so I know when to dump each segment of developer.

I am just starting the process of testing the films but so far my initial feelings are
1) Rodinal gives good even development with rotary procesisng
2) The images are sharper than T-max developer
3) There is more grain than T-max developer.

Based on these positive results I am going to continue testing with pictures and Wejex strips.