Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got a view camera

Re: Just got a view camera

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rubinstein View Post
    Hi Zack,

I actually just posted a thread on the resources forum looking for somewhere in Israel that sells sheet film (4X5), where are you buying it from, what is the cost and what is available?

I used to manage a lab in Bet Shemesh and came away from it with a serious lack of respect for labs in Israel (gloves, who needs gloves!) but would love to be able to develop there if you have a decent lab that does B&W sheet film and you can actually discuss it with the guy, not have it sent away to a faceless lab in Tel Aviv somewhere.

I'm going to be moving back to Jeru in December, maybe we'll get in touch and go shooting sometime.

Beni
    I get my film at Prizma, which is on Yaffo across from Kikar Tzion (Zion square). They have 4x5 and a decent selection of 120 format film. The box of Velvia was 151 NIS. If you are dependent on something very specific probably best to call them before you head over. They are quite friendly and helpful. I don't think they develop B&W or E-6 in house. If you are doing B&W I would think that your best bet is to develop it yourself. They do have chemistry if you need.

I would love to shoot together. despite the fact that I have a good bit of equipment I'm really quite a newby.

BTW where art you now?
    --Zach
    (I work in Talpoit)

Hi Zach, seems we're working on two different threads here!

I'm currently in the UK but am moving back in December. I've been shooting full time as a pro for some 7 years or so but am a complete newby at LF.

OK moving over to the other thread (http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=24860)