Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for the mods and software guru's

Re: Question for the mods and software guru's

That guy should be banned and all his posts deleted for aggressive rudeness and unprovoked attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Seven and a half years later, has the latest version of vBulletin added capability to do what Jim requested in the original post of this thread? I suspect there's a certain lens designer who wouldn't mind being able to lock out one particular poster.
    I don't believe so. I see nothing in the current configuration options that would provide that functionality.

Rude posts should be reported using the little triangle icon at the lower left of the offending post. Being persistently rude to other users can result in the offender being banned.

I believe in Freedom of Speech, .... but having said that, I know some versions of some forum software would allow the moderator to set it up so that a pesky poster have full read / write access except that no one else can see their postings. A sort of global ignore list. It works particularly great against passive aggressive trolling.

" . . . except that no one else can see their postings"

True, but that is sort of underhanded. We prefer the more straightforward approach of play by the rules or get banned.

Yay, I agree it's underhanded. It was funny though when the Mod/Site Owner told us the story. The site caters to younger people in their teens and twenties, but there are/were some particularly juvenile trolls.