Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Print Exchange Gallery On Line

Re: Print Exchange Gallery On Line

Eric,

I am seldom bothered by mosquitoes. I never use bug dope (DEET or otherwise), and I hardly react to their bites (and I have fed millions of mosquitoes). I don't like them inside my LF camera or sitting on my sheet film. To be honest with you, I don't even remember if there were mosquitoes around while I took that picture, though I know there were mosquitoes on that trip.
    Thanks for the link to your photo. I always find it interesting to see another photo simular to one I have taken - knowing that they are 100% independant creations.

Jeff

I don't own a scanner, so I tried using a flatbed at work to scan my print so that I could upload it. No luck...the large expanse of deep black in my print drove the scanner crazy and I could NOT get a good scan. Maybe a junky scanner, maybe a junky operator....

Anyway, if someone with better scanning skills wouldn't mind scanning my print, I'd appreciate it. It's the one titled Lily Pads IR.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Whitford View Post
    Anyway, if someone with better scanning skills wouldn't mind scanning my print, I'd appreciate it. It's the one titled Lily Pads IR.
    On it..............all done. Great image, Scott, thank you!

--A

Congratulations, there is some really nice work there.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Corbett View Post
    Eric,

I am seldom bothered by mosquitoes. I never use bug dope (DEET or otherwise), and I hardly react to their bites (and I have fed millions of mosquitoes). I don't like them inside my LF camera or sitting on my sheet film. To be honest with you, I don't even remember if there were mosquitoes around while I took that picture, though I know there were mosquitoes on that trip.
    Thanks for the link to your photo. I always find it interesting to see another photo simular to one I have taken - knowing that they are 100% independant creations.

Jeff
    YOU KNOW< I keep telling people this but it's worth repeating.... I accidentally melted my digital camera with Deep Woods Off

Quote Originally Posted by snuck View Post
    YOU KNOW< I keep telling people this but it's worth repeating.... I accidentally melted my digital camera with Deep Woods Off
    You’re right – DEET’s a darn good solvent! I use DEET on my clothes, and in this situation I dabbed some on my neck and hair. On my hands I wore Capilene fingerless mitts, pulled on after the excess DEET had been rubbed off on my pants.

Jeff, you are lucky to not be bothered much. I'm on record as claiming that the best mosquito repellant in the world is me: bring me along on a trip and you won't be bothered - but please, drop me off at the hospital on the way home. I'm type O+.

Snuck, if I remember, you're from Southern ONT. The thickest swarm I have ever endured was at the base of Cow Crag, across the highway from Rattlesnake Point (we had left Rattlesnake because of the flies ). You can have your beautiful land and most-excellent recreational opportunities, if that's how you treat your visitors