Thread: Darkcloth for Crown Graphic

Darkcloth for Crown Graphic

I have concluded that I need a darkcloth for my Crown Graphic. I have come acro ss pro/con comments in the past but can't seem to find them now. Any recommenda tions? Thanks in advance.

Don't laugh. I got a free black T-shirt at work. My neck is about the same size as a 4X5 Crown. With the flippy thing on the GG it works.

Dean
    Dean Lastoria

Ian, I use a alck T-Shirt too! Works great.

Hate to be different from the T-shirt brigade, but I use an old German army shirt I got from a surplus shop for #1.99, and it easily fits my MPP which I believe is lightly larger than a CG.

If you can afford it the Darkroom Innovations cloth works very well, I use mine on a Super Speed Graphic.

The Darkroom Innovations "dark cloth" is a favorite of many large format photographers. It's much smaller and lighter than a conventional darkcloth. It has elastic around one end, that fits around the back of the camera, and an opening at the other end for your head. Because it is firmly attached to the camera by the elastic, it's much better in a breeze than a conventional dark cloth. It's kind of like the t shirt that others have mentioned but the difference is that it has an opening from front to back and the opening can be adjusted to let more or less air inside. This is a big help in hot weather and/or in humid weather (helps prevent the ground glass from fogging up). It costs around $50 and is well worth it IMHO. BTW, Darkroom Innovations has changed its name to "The View Camera Store." Their address, etc. is in their ad in "View Camera" magazine. If you don't have the magazine and want to order the dark cloth, let me know and I'll send you the address, etc.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

It costs around $50 and is well worth it > IMHO. BTW, Darkroom Innovations has changed its name to "The View > Camera Store." Their address, etc. is in their ad in "View Camera" > magazine. If you don't have the magazine and want to order the dark > cloth, let me know and I'll send you the address, etc.

Go here:

http://www.darkroom-innovations.com/

Tim A
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog