Quote Originally Posted by Rob Vinnedge View Post
Michael,

Am I missing something, or are you suggesting that Kodak simply doesn't want to fill such orders, but will do so if they can make it hurt?
I am not suggesting it - I am stating a known fact. However making it hurt depends upon your reference point.

From Kodak's point of view filling a relatively small order for a product that is not in their standard product list can be done as a Special Order. If you want to pay their price they are willing to accomodate you - it is as simple as that. Anyone can contact them and most of the time they will listen intently.

From the consumers point of view the ability to accept the price that they quote you is directly proportional to how bad you want the film. There are no negotiations in this arrangement. For example there was a recent offering for 12x20 color negative sheet film that was offered at a price that I remember at a cost of over $25 a sheet. While I personally find that price terribly aggregious, others found it acceptable and coughed up the dough.

When we put together the TMY deal we amassed sufficient quantity to tell Kodak that we were simply not going to accept these previous priced arrangements as we could point to many multiples of their minimum volume. Fortunately, things worked out.

It is what it is...