Thread: Special Pricing on Tango Scans from Calypso Imaging

Special Pricing on Tango Scans from Calypso Imaging

Greetings All,

Just received the following email from Joe Levine announcing a special offer on Tango scans and thought some of you might be interested.

So, if you'd like to take advantage of this offer... Google "Calypso Imaging" and contact them directly.

I have no connections to Calypso Imaging in any way, shape, or form.

Cheers

===================================================

Subject: Special Announcement from Calypso Imaging
    Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:29:20 -0500 (EST)

February Special

Dear Clients,

Tango Heidelberg 16bit Drum scans are offered this month at the same price as 8bit drum scans.

The difference between 8 and 16bit scans is about 280 trillion colors and represents the informational difference between the two scans. Whenever you make Photoshop corrections to your file you loose information and with enough loss you can degrade the image. The vastly greater amount of information provided by the 16bit scan means that you can make many more adjustments and changes to the file without concern for visible degradation. For example, a 100Mb 16bit scan is normally $44 but during February will be $39.

Our new address: 256 Potrero St. Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (just off River St. and opposite the entrance to the Sash Mill). Any questions call us at: 831-460-2260 or
    Email Us (mailto:customerservice@calypsoinc.com)
    Life in the fast lane!

Re: Special Pricing on Tango Scans from Calypso Imaging

And Calypso archrival West Coast Imaging is offering 15% off scans, prints, etc. through 2/19. Lots of options for us lucky folks! And likewise I have no connections with either of these illustrious companies...

http://www.westcoastimaging.com/wci/...e/specials.htm

I use both companies, Calypso for my processing needs, and West Coast for my prints. Both do outstanding work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Leppanen View Post
    And likewise I have no connections with either of these illustrious companies...
    I should say I have no ownership or financial connections. I have used West Coast Imaging for my digital printing over the last six years, and have been very happy with their work.

The first scan deal wass good but this is even better;

February Special Addendum

It has been brought to our attention that we misquoted our February special pricing.

It is intended to give a 16-bit file at 8-bit pricing, so if you need a 100MB 8-bit scan you would get a 200MB 16-bit scan at the listed 8-bit price. The savings would be greater then previously listed as a 16-bit 200MB file would normally cost $54 and a 8-bit 100MB file would cost $39. Twice the file size is needed in a 16-bit file for the same amount of pixels scanned.

When ordering for the Febuary special please indicate if the size of file you are ordering is in 8-bit or 16-bit.

Sorry for any confusion,

Calypso Imaging

I have connections to Calypso Imaging in every way, shape, and form.