Thread: Fair price for Kodak Master View 8X10?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fair price for Kodak Master View 8X10?

I'd like to buy a Kodak Master View 8X10 to replace the one I had owned for fort y years that has been stolen. I'm somewhat shocked at the prices I'm seeing for them in Shutterbug. What is a fair price for one in good to excellent conditio n?

Thank you, Barrie Smith, Missoula, Montana

I have what is probably a permanent lust for one of these cameras. I'd like to replace the Kodak 2-D that I use. However, the price is a bit high.

There was one on eBay today (5/5) that was at $500, the reserve had NOT been met and it was in only OK repair. I've seen good ones go for slightly over $1000.

good luck

10 years ago you could get them for around $750 (+/-) depending on condition and who was selling them where and what accessories came with it.

Prices have been climbing though and the last one I bought, with case, CFH and iris lens clamp on EBay went for $1100.00. And it needed a new bellows. So far, everyone I have purchased has needed one.

The highest I have ever seen anyone ask is $1450.00 at Lens & Repro in NYC but I believe it had a new bellows.

I would guess that 1000.00 - 1250.00 would be par for the course, but as many have observed Ebay has affected prices with folks seeming to be willng to pay new prices for used gear.

The Masterview I acquired three years ago cost me $1350 and I would gladly give that again for another in the same condition. Original everything including the bellows and bearly a mark anywhere on the body. Four lensboards (two undrilled) rounded out the deal. Comparing the alternatives, it is still a deal if you can find one. Although I saw a Wista 8x10 just go on Ebay that looked pretty nice for $1050. If you owned one for 40 years, you must feel lost without it. Best of luck in finding a replacement.

Well we can all kick ourselves! One with a Packard,, case and reduction back just went on Ebay of 570.00!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=395917413

I happen to have a spare 8x10 masterview in 8+ condition that likly needs a new bellows or at least patching which I would sell for $850 plus shipping.