Hello,

I am a new member. The information that I have read in this forum has been helpful. I have a few questions.

I have been photographing landscapes with a 4x5 Sinar F and Rodenstock Sironar 150 N. I have used a Bogen 3021 tridod with Manfrotto Pan Tilt Head. I shoot color negative 160 NC, TMax 100, and Fuji Astia. I scan with a Imacon scanner at the suggested maximum resolution. I print with 2 Epson 9600s, one dedicated to NK7 and the other to color. My paper of choice are Hahnemule photo rag. The prints are enlarged to 28 x 36 inches.

The images impress most people. But, I find them a little too soft.

I have recently changed everything. My camera is now a Linhof TK, not the s. I bought it used and it appears to have never been used. My tripod is now a Gitzo 1415 and my head is a Foba superball with a quick release plate (8" Kirk). I have also added a Schneider Symmar 5.6 180 MC from about 1982. Everything is used except for the tripod. So, I think I have addressed stability issues. One last note, I usually, not always, make pictures early in the morning and shoot between 16 and 32 from 1 to 30 seconds. I am very careful of the wind. I am still testing this equipment.

So, here is my question, finally. What will make my images sharper. Should I invest in better lenses. I am thinking of purchasing a Rodenstock Sironar-S. Will it make any difference at the size I print?

Thanks for reading this far.

Spencer Ladd