Thread: 5x7 Holders on Ebay

5x7 Holders on Ebay

Item: 200070701770

3 holders, $50 buy it now. I just saw it and thought someone might be interested, given the problem with getting these holders. They do turn up on Ebay - I bought 6 last week for $40 total. I figured that I might want to try 5x7 at some point. Now all I need is a really cheap 5x7 camera that takes technika boards.:-)

Re: 5x7 Holders on Ebay

Not too bad. But when you add the $26.50 that they want for shipping, it's 50% more than that. I shipped a guy 3 5x7 wooden holders along with 4 4x5 holders last month and the shipping came to $8.60. Adding a couple of bucks for handling is one thing, but.....thankfully I have all the 5x7 holders I need.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Re: 5x7 Holders on Ebay

There are a lot of questionable practices on shipping. I read an editorial somewhere on how people make money on items that sell for a dollar on ebay. The holders I bought were $24 for the holders and $16 for the shipping. But looking at the folks prepared to pay $80 or $100 for holders on the Toyo thread, these are still not too bad at $25.

Holders are crazy - you see identical 4x5 holders sell for $5 one day and $20 the next. When I am looking I just start putting low but reasonable bids on lots that look good. I may only get 1 in 4, but over a couple of months you get a good stack of holders for a very good price - if you watch shipping.:-)