I have owned this camera for a couple of months and every time I go out to shoot its either very cold or snowing, the weekends are the only time I get to learn about how to operate this camera.
Now to what I got frustrated about, I’m not a rocket scientist and frankly the metering has me going in circles, I have read much online and have a few fine books to guide me.
Today’s event: went to a favorite place just to play for awhile and learn … Ok! Snow, mountainous, and clear blue sky’s … here is my deal the lens that I have it’s speed or timing only goes to 400, took a reading with my meter (off the snow) using f/16 for a stop to learn from, it came up with a speed of 500 @ f/16 so that gave me my first thinking trial, but that was easy just went to f/22 @250 to help with the lens speed. Now I know that I have to stop up to make the snow white so, using the thinking from Steve Simmons book that goes
f/16@500
f/22@250
f/32@125
f/45@60
Are all the same so to say except for the diameter of the f/stop.
So having the f/22 @250 and wanting to be smart (ha) went to f/32 @125 I think that would give me 2 stops (right?)
Now what if I just went to f/45 @250 would that be the same … I’m I on the right track?
Light meter that I use is a Sekonic 558, I know it’s too much for me but E-bay and the price (devil) drove me to it. Ha
Oh! And the film used was Provia 100 F
And one more thing I had a blast with this format at least today, I’m sure knowing the person that I am. It will be for awhile.

Books are:
Brian Lav, Zone system step by step guide
John Shaw’s, Close-ups in nature
Steve Simmons, Using the view Camera

Online resources:
Large format Photography forum
Photonet.com forum
And what ever else I find from these sites
I guess that’s about it for me, now
Please excuse my bad grammar and punctuation, like I said I’m no rocket scientist
Lynn