Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas - central or west

Re: Texas - central or west

Eugene Singer and I are in the DFW area. We take day trips most every Saturday AM. We did the Weatherford courthouse last weekend. You can contact me at jokker.mcc@verizon.net if any would like to join us.

We lost Scott Rosenburg to the call of the PNW this year.

bob

4x5 user

Talking Re: Texas - central or west

I'm new to the Forum, But I live in Fort Worth... I'm allways ready to do some large format shooting.

I'm new to the forum also. I live in Austin, but would be happy to travel in any compass direction to get together and do some weekend photography.

Big Bend

Nice to come back to town and see more replies to this thread. I'm happy to get together with any and all LF shooters.

David you are pretty close - I think we have bad weather coming this saturday, but other than that we should find a location in between SA and Austin for some weekend shooting soon.

You guys can PM me on this forum and I'll shoot you my e-mail address.

Best
    Joe

Big Bend

If any of you guys find yourself in Marathon Texas or Big Bend National Park this week (Spring Break for us) give me call. I've got permission to goof off and burn film for a day.
    I'm thinking about heading into the park to shoot the Giant Daggers (Yucca faxoniana) at Dagger Flats.

AT&T / Cingular cell phones work in Marathon, my number is 210-860-0594

Big Bend

Quote Originally Posted by David Millard View Post
    I'm new to the forum also. I live in Austin, but would be happy to travel in any compass direction to get together and do some weekend photography.
    Dave,
    It was a fun half day at Dagger Flats. I hope you got a keeper or two. I'm only partially pleased with my take but here are two I was OK with from the Mamiya w/ Konica IR:

http://logojoe.com/mamiya/yucca_faxonianab.jpg
    http://logojoe.com/mamiya/yucca_faxoniana3.jpg

I am going back when those stalks are fully open.

Best
    Joe

Looking through old threads...

I'm in far west Houston (Katy) and I've been shooting 6x6 forever (or about 45 years) and 4x5 for the last 1.5 years. I would be up for any opportunity to shoot with someone who is willing to share LF insights, wisdom, etc. and is in the Houston area.
    Last edited by wclavey; 7-Jun-2007 at 16:05. Reason: bad spelling

Quote Originally Posted by wclavey View Post
    Looking through old threads...

I'm in far west Houston (Katy) and I've been shooting 6x6 forever (or about 45 years) and 4x5 for the last 1.5 years. I would be up for any opportunity to shoot with someone who is willing to share LF insights, wisdom, etc. and is in the Houston area.
    Clay Harmon lives in Kingwood, a bit far from you but his expertise and photographs would be well worth the trip, plus he is a really nice guy! Don't forget, you can visit the MFA, they have a great photographic collection, also there is the John Cleary Gallery and I beleive there is a "new" gallery in Houston as well, Clay should know since he is represented by them.

If you are taking a trip to the Dallas area, don't forget to contact Lee, Jeremy, Matthew and Mike...they are all very nice guys and would probably talk your ear off ... and of course visit the Afterimage Gallery.

Have fun.