Thread: Cold light head for the Omega F 10x10 enlarger

Cold light head for the Omega F 10x10 enlarger

I just come across an Omega F 10x10 condensor enlarger for a good price and I ne ed to know if there is a cold light head like Aristo that sells one that is not the expensive variable one that sells for $2000.00, the one I am talking about a re the ones that Aristo sells for 4x5's that are for either graded or vc papers, with just one flouresent tube either regular or high intensity. The filter draw in this monster takes a 10x10 filter, the largest I have seen are the 6x6 at B& H, lastly as you can see I did not get a hole lot of info on this enlarger, is t here a web site or location that I can get a parts breakdown ect.. on the Omega F, this model I believe is not made any more. I shoot B&W only in 8x10 now final ly I can make the big prints with all that lovely resolution, thanks , Dan.

Dan: I have no earthly idea what the hell you just said. What did you do during English classes? If you earned a diploma, you should sue them for incompetence - you didn't get an adequate education. There isn't one single correct, comprehensible sentence in this whole message. You should turn your speller on too.

Go back and practice making simple, short sentences that form a question you want answered. This one was just DUMB!!!!!!!!
    Alec

Well Dan, you might try checking out http://www.aristogrid.com/ This should answer most of your questions about the Aristo line of cold light sources. I own a VCL4500 and am very pleased with it. It's a dual grid system that allows me to very accurately and repeatedly change the contrast grade by adjusting the light source instead of changing filters. As far as older Omega enlarger parts are concerned, I don't know of any related links off hand, but you might try tracking down Terry Seaman. He shows up at many of the used camera shows here in the midwest and could very well have some of the information you are looking for.

Robert, thank you for your response. I will look into the URL that you posted ,as for the english professor, Alec, loosen up man,I do admit after reading my post again, it is out of grammar. I am sorry if I offended you with my post. You should try not to take personal jabs at other posters on this forum.

You should get the Variable Contrast Printing Manual by Steve Anchell. It talks about how to test filters to see how much contrast you are really getting. You could than buy Roscoe or Lee gels and run tests to figure out your own contrast filters. Another thing to look for is the below the lens contrast filters. Ilford makes them and Kodak probably does too.

Hi Dan,

I've been drooling over 8x10 stuff to convert my 5x7 Durst, some day. Check out http://www.photomall.com/geomega.htm , lots of used Omega parts etc. Good luck and enjoy.

Hi Dan, you might be able to have a light sorce made cheaper buying a factor unit. I think in one of Ansle Adams books there are instructions for making an enlarger with a cold light head. A guy in India recently made one, and I think he had the light custom made. I mean, it's just some tubing with a gas in it. As for the filters, at Glazer's lighting store in Seattle, they sell the stuff by the yard. I've used it to change the affects of my cold light head on graded paper, and it seems to work. It's very cheap. It comes graded in stops, and I bought the 2-stop variety, and then I stack it until I find the effect I want. Good Luck, David