Quote Originally Posted by Mike Boden View Post
I'm sitting in one right now as I type, and I have a love hate relationship with these chairs. I've been using them for God knows how many years, and the truth is, I hate the chair. But with that said, I haven't found anything more comfortable yet, so I stick with it. I've always wished that they could make this exact same chair but with a softer cushion. After sitting in it for hours on end, my frickin' ass hurts. Also, the hard edge at the front sometimes bothers me, too.

I think what it comes down to is that I'm simply sitting in a chair way too much instead of out hiking around taking photographs. Time to do something about it!
Mike,

If you want a really comfortable chair, one that you can sit in for hours on hours... visit Ethan Allen and look at either the Grant or Harvard office chairs in leather, tufted, of course! They have numerous grades of leather... select the one that feels like kit leather. It won't take as long to break in.

IIRC, when I bought mine back about 20 years ago it was called something else. I just took a look through their website and didn't see my version on it. Anyway, IMHO, it's a great chair.

But, YMMV!

Cheers