Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agfa Paper reborn?

Agfa Paper reborn?

I received a note from a manager at Maco photographic in Germany that though they had no plans to manufacture Agfa paper, an announcement had been published at Photokina 2006 that a company planned to reintroduce Agfa MCC in "Spring of 2007". He says that this will be, "Original, unlicensed production." This could be great news, as I have been unable to find a paper that has Agfa's unique qualities. Does anyone have any information to add to this somewhat mysterious message?

Re: Agfa Paper reborn?

"Original, unlicensed production" could in principle be done by Gevaert in Belgium. In October I visited the Fotoimpex store in Berlin, and they told me that they were contemplating commissioning a new run of MCC once the Maco material cut from the last Agfa rolls has been sold, but at higher price (about 30%).

"Original, unlicensed production"

What does this mean exactly?

Although I am not able to confirm this, I am not at all surprised by the announcement. JandC Photo is going to be producing film. They procurred coating equipment somewhere in Europe. I would not be surprised if it were the Agfa production line.

According to John at JandC...he will rock the photographic world. I have enough knowledge and respect for his business acumen to not discount this assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller View Post
    Although I am not able to confirm this, I am not at all surprised by the announcement. JandC Photo is going to be producing film. They procurred coating equipment somewhere in Europe. I would not be surprised if it were the Agfa production line.

According to John at JandC...he will rock the photographic world. I have enough knowledge and respect for his business acumen to not discount this assertion.

Hmm, I`d love APX 100 in 8x10!
    Amund

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amund BLix Aaeng View Post
    Hmm, I`d love APX 100 in 8x10!
    I do love it in 18x24cm - and 18x24cm. And 9x12cm and 6.5x9cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Tjugen View Post
    I do love it in 18x24cm - and 18x24cm. And 9x12cm and 6.5x9cm.
    That would be something..

Btw(In Norwegian, sorry guys) Fikk en mail fra han som importerer Foma til Norge nå:
    "Fomapan 200ASA 5x7" blir 193 kroner per boks á 50 ark og 410 kroner for 8x10"

Det er ikke verst! Har brukt en haug med Foma 200 i det siste, og har ikke sett snurten til defekter som jeg har opplevd med Forte. Efke og JandC Pro 100. Det virker som Foma 200 er av høyere mekanisk kvalitet, emulsjonen blir ikke så myk som f.eks Efke. Ypperlig som "hverdagsfilm"
    Amund

I ported this thread over to APUG and provoked an interesting response. Here's the link to the APUG thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...414#post408414

Adox ... JandC ... I gather that Agfa's modern paper-coating facility, near Koln (Cologne), remains intact. I don't know if this is the facility ADOX and JandC are considering, but it would be awfully good news if it were.

Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanders McNew View Post
    Adox ... JandC ... I gather that Agfa's modern paper-coating facility, near Koln (Cologne), remains intact. I don't know if this is the facility ADOX and JandC are considering, but it would be awfully good news if it were.
    The most current information I've seen was that J&C/Fotoimpex had purchased (or purchased a substantial interest in) the grossly underutilized Forte facility -- but I'd put that at "rumor" status, compared to "straight from the source" statements from J&C that they intend to introduce an ISO 25 full-panchro film, and a green-blind IR of reasonable speed with a deeper sensitivity than anything short of HIE in their coating facility -- as well as a full line of ISO 100-200-400 panchro films.

Of course, their use of the ADOX name for both rebranded Efke and "other source" films like the ADOX CMS 20 confuses the issue a bit, but any new film is good news, if they can make it fly...
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

I can confirm from the source that Fotoimpex are delivering ISO 100, 200 and 400 films in 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 4x10, 11x14, 7x17, 12x20 and a few other sizes.

See the table and article in the January issue of View Camera for a comprehensive film availability list. BTW, this fotoimpex may or may not make it into the table as I just got the info but we are trying to make the addition.