Re: Well I might as well say HI!

It is always great to have you around!!

Howdy!

Hey Dave welcome!

Don't I know you!?

You're that guy I purchased my 8x10 GG from...I've even referred a friend or two your way.

Hi Dave,

Welcome. This forum can be a whole lot of fun. You'll find Steve, Sandy and Jorge here. They add some "spice" to some of the conversations. This is a great group.

I've got your glass on my 7x17, 2 8x10's and a 4x5.....GREAT STUFF that Satin Snow.

Hi, Parker is it? Dave Parker? What's the largest ground glass you have made? Do you use machines to make them or is it all done by hand? You don't smoke do you? This is a great forum and you can expect a lot of great conversations and information. What's your favorite camera, is it a large format or hand held? Jim has the largest camera, I think, here. By the way what's the smallest ground glass you have made? I own a couple of your gg's and they are by and far the best I have owned and I have had some from Toyo, Linhof and Sinar. They came with grids printed on them, do you know how they do that and do you think it would be hard to do?

Welcome to the group, I like 5X7 a lot but I have the moving up spirit. How much glass to you go through in a year if you don't mind me asking?

tr

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Just got my glass a couple weeks ago. Dave's a great guy to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich View Post
    Hi, Parker is it? Dave Parker? What's the largest ground glass you have made? Do you use machines to make them or is it all done by hand? You don't smoke do you? This is a great forum and you can expect a lot of great conversations and information. What's your favorite camera, is it a large format or hand held? Jim has the largest camera, I think, here. By the way what's the smallest ground glass you have made? I own a couple of your gg's and they are by and far the best I have owned and I have had some from Toyo, Linhof and Sinar. They came with grids printed on them, do you know how they do that and do you think it would be hard to do?

Welcome to the group, I like 5X7 a lot but I have the moving up spirit. How much glass to you go through in a year if you don't mind me asking?

tr
    Thanks,

Yes, I smoke, largest screen I have made is 24 x 36, in three years we have made over 20,000 screens, everything we do is by hand, all of the glass grinding is a hand operation at this time, we go through about 10,000 square feet of glass every six months, grids normally are applied with silk screening or an etching machine. I really don't have a favorite camera, I use which ever works for the job I am doing, the biggest camera I have ever owned is a 16x20 and I don't know if Jim owns the biggest, there are a lot of different cameras out there, but I am sure Jim would be in the running. My smallest ground screen has be a 24 x 36mm size, for a special application.

Dave

Thanks for all of the information, interesting that the largest size gg is 24 x 36 and the smallest 24 x 36 in mm. Did you use the 16 x 20 very much, that's a really ultra large size? I hope you ain't breathing the ground glass particles. I would be like silicosis wouldn't it? Has anyone ever asked for a tinted ground glass? I hear of a man who wanted one like a sunglass to cut down on the bright light. That was new to me.

Best Regards,

tr