Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Polaroid SprintScan 45 Ultra

Re: Polaroid SprintScan 45 Ultra

Hi! I'm a photo student and new to the forum - I hope this is an okay place to post this!
    I recently was given a reportedly working SprintScan 45 (and a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi) and I would really like to be able to scan my 4x5 sheets.

Having grown up in the age of USBs, I have no idea how to run connections from these SCSI interface scanners to a USB equipped computer. Can I simply use a "DB25 to USB" cable from Amazon with the correct drivers? Or do I absolutely need to run it through some sort of Card (and figure out what that means!)

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance!

Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Hi! I'm a photo student and new to the forum - I hope this is an okay place to post this!
    I recently was given a reportedly working SprintScan 45 (and a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi) and I would really like to be able to scan my 4x5 sheets.

Having grown up in the age of USBs, I have no idea how to run connections from these SCSI interface scanners to a USB equipped computer. Can I simply use a "DB25 to USB" cable from Amazon with the correct drivers? Or do I absolutely need to run it through some sort of Card (and figure out what that means!)

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance!
    Never had any luck with these USB adapters. I would think that dedicating an older computer to the scanner would be best.
    Maybe a SCSI board, Win XP and this: https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/pola...al-information
    Or a G4 Mac running 10.4.11 also.

Good luck!

+1 on an old machine with SCSI. A lot of us use old machines with a variety of scanners because the old scanners (and the old software) aren't compatible with newer OS's

You don’t need and old machine. I run scsi on a modern asus motherboard with the latest version of windows 10 and a Minolta multi pro via vuescan. Runs without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk