Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another eBay deadbeat?

Another eBay deadbeat?

Am letting others know of a Rick Bassington, 1443 Swansea Ct., Naperville, Il 60565, with a phone of 630.355.9492.

Bought an adapter back for an 8x10 Deardorff from this joker in January. Still have not received it. Have called a number of times as well as sent confirming info showing postal MO and eBay info to him.

Still NO back and no response.

Supposedly he does a lot of Deardorff stuff on eBay. If anyone does anything with him or is tempted to you might be better off passing if this is the way he does business.

Yes, the paperwork is now with the Postal Inspectors. I will let them visit if they will and see what happens.

Re: Another eBay deadbeat?

Maybe he's dead.

It would be a lot more helpful if you were to just give us his ebay "tag", rather than all of his information.

For what it is worth, a few years ago I purchased a lens off ebay which never showed up. I left negative feedback, got most of my money back, and forgot about it. A year and a half later I was contacted by the seller's daughter; apparently the seller had been killed in a car accident on the way to the post-office, to mail my lens...
    Last edited by Jason Greenberg Motamedi; 18-Nov-2006 at 14:45.

I know Rick does a lot of swap shows, he could be on the road.

[QUOTE=J. . . apparently the seller had been killed in a car accident on the way to the post-office, to mail my lens...[/QUOTE]

See.

So, if you get screwed by someone you're just supposed to assume they're dead until you hear otherwise? Hmmm.

Per his mommy on the phone he is alive and kicking. Just sleeping whenever I call and she won't wake him up.

TLGGI, You should think twice or thrice before bad mouthing someone, complete with his address and phone number, on this or any internet forum. You may find yourself in a heap of trouble someday if you continue along this rather immature path. Besides, who cares? It is your problem with one individual.

Gaithersburg, MD. (Washington, DC suburbs)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Carstensen View Post
    TLGGI, You should think twice or thrice before bad mouthing someone, complete with his address and phone number, on this or any internet forum. You may find yourself in a heap of trouble someday if you continue along this rather immature path. Besides, who cares? It is your problem with one individual.
    It looks to me like he's just relating the facts of the matter. And for what it's worth, I care. Pointing out troublesome deals with regular lf sellers is a service to the lf community. Thanks to TLGG1.

I've known Rick for a number of years and have bought several items from him including my Durst 138, which I actually drove to his home to pick up. He's not a bad guy, just a bit forgetful at times, but honest (at least he has been with me). He usually shows up at the Detroit Histrorical Camera show which was a couple of weeks ago, but wasn't there this year. I know he spends the winter down south ( I think it might be for health reasons) and that it's hard to get a hold of him until spring, so maybe that's where he is now. It sometimes takes awhile to hear back from him, but you will, eventually. His clock runs on Bohemian time which can be frustrating, but he is a character I've enjoyed dealing with, so I just accept that.