Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scam?

Re: scam?

While much is made about the Nigerian scam, I recently received one "from an English lady" whose husband put Twenty million Pounds in his bank. She is dying from cancer and a stroke and wants me (someone she does not know) to take this money and set up a fund for the upkeep of widows, widowers, orphans, and other down-trodden. Her husbands relatives are wealthy and she want this money misused or invested in ill perceived ventures. She has a lawyer, but she is not letting him set up this fund. Lots of different scams are out there.

Steve,

This scam is older than the hills... stay far, far away and don't touch it with a 10' pole!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

That actually sounds perfectly legitimate to me. But I will better his offer. Simply send me your lens,properly packed, along with your bank's routing number and your account number, and I will have my lawyer wire 20 percent of the inheritance my late uncle left me.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

What absolutely kills me is how many folks are so friggin greedy that they continue to fall for this in any number of variations in staggering numbers each and every day. If that were not the case, the scammers would give it up.

And when it dawns on them that the check was bad and they do not have that big windfall in their bank account and are personally liable for $20,000+, the crocodile tears start flowing. As Forrest Gump said "Stupid Is as Stupid Does".