Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C-41 supplies

Re: C-41 supplies

JD has their own C-41 and RA-4 kits. I've never used the C-41 but have used the RA-4. The impression I get is they mix the stuff up for mini-lab use.

I see they do, and a pretty decent price as well - and the kits are not on their list of hazmat items. They may well mix it for mini-labs, but they probably don't sell many 500 ml kits to mini-labs. That's a lot to pay to process one roll of 120, though I'd guess that, like most kits, they have instructions for reusing the color dev and adding X amount of time as the capacity is used up.

If I hadn't just ordered the Kodak kit setup, I might well give one of their gallon kits a try; under $40 shipped isn't bad...
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

I haven't glanced at the C-41 info in awhile but if it's like their RA-4 setup you just make up what you need. I make up 250ml of developer and 500ml of blix. The blix keeps a lot longer so I don't worry about it going bad. With C-41 and bleach and fix versus blix you could likely get away with mixing up the bleach and fix in full volume and only mixing the amount of developer you need.

Nick, that's exactly what I plan -- mix a liter of fixer at a time, probably, since that's the most I'll need in a single tank, same for bleach, and one-shot the developer. Given the prices, only the bleach will be painful to rebuy, so I'll just buy the other bits as needed.

And I got confirmation in today's e-mail, order placed on Friday shipped today and should be here (in North Carolina) on Wednesday, in time to play over the long weekend.

I've even got a box of NPH 4x5 that was given to me, albeit expired and tungsten balanced. Have to look, I might have an 85 series filter of one sort or another around here somewhere (though at least with negative film, I can correct at printing/scanning, if needed).
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

Old thread... Does anyone know a Chicago-, Indianapolis- or Detroit-based supplier of Flexicolor C-41 chemistry? Cincinnati or Columbus would also work.

Looking for an outfit similar to Unique Photo in New Jersey. Thanks for any suggestions. Google's and Alaris' sites didn't provide an answer.

Searching results Flexicolor is long gone.

2 years ago I bought a C41 kit at Central Camera Chicago. Never used it.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    Old thread... Does anyone know a Chicago-, Indianapolis- or Detroit-based supplier of Flexicolor C-41 chemistry? Cincinnati or Columbus would also work.

Looking for an outfit similar to Unique Photo in New Jersey. Thanks for any suggestions. Google's and Alaris' sites didn't provide an answer.
    Roberts?

I used the unicolor kit for c-41 and it worked perfect. Got it here http://www.ultrafineonline.com/cophch.html

Shipped to my house in AZ. I think restrictions are for shipping overseas.

Thanks Bob. I checked Roberts Camera website and found no chemicals. I’ll call next week.

Flexicolor is alive and well at Unique Photo.

Where does Richard Photo Lab in California source their C-41 chemicals?

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    Thanks Bob. I checked Roberts Camera website and found no chemicals. I’ll call next week.

Flexicolor is alive and well at Unique Photo.

Where does Richard Photo Lab in California source their C-41 chemicals?
    I don’t know but go to the Omega-Brandess web site and you will find Flexicolor.