Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photoshop Elements 2

Re: Photoshop Elements 2

Hello! I use Elements 2 with Hidden Power. It is fairly easy to use and the Hidden Power Book is pretty straight forward.
    I tried Light Zone 1.5, and I nearly bought it, but two things kept me - the clone tool was difficult to use in order to spot my 4x5 B&W negatives and and I couldn't invert from positive to negatives and back again. The second wasn't a big deal. The first was, since I had to import the images into Elements 2 to spot them anyway.
    One advantage is that Light Zone works in 16 bit as opposed to 8 bit for Elements.
    I've been using Silverfast to scan with my 4990. I can do a lot of 16 bit work in the scanner, and for negatives that are reasonably well exposed, the amount of editing I need to do is much reduced.
    I was disappointed with the $249 price of Light Zone 2.0. I'll download it and see how it works. Shooting/scanning B&W means that I have much less need for layers, editing, etc. than I would for color, so I'm not sure the extra price will be worth switching to Light Zone, but I'll give it a try and see. I really like the interface. It is a lot more user friendly than Elements. Best regards.

Mike

Michael, I was hoping Lightzone would be a good program for enlarged digital negatives. But if you can't invert the image then it doesn't sounds as promising.

Hello! Light Zome 2.0 might allow you to invert the images. The earlier versions didn't. I haven't donwloaded 2.0 to check. Best regards.

Mike

A quick look at LZ 2 doesn't show any obvious way to invert an image. OTOHG, you can easily save as a TIFF file and do the inversion in PS Elements.