Thread: Fuji Lanovia c550 mac problems

Fuji Lanovia c550 mac problems

HI,

I've just bought a Fuji lanovia c550 and I'm having trouble geting the software on my Mac to recognise the scanner.

The mac doesn't seem to recognise the SCSI card that is internally fitted to it and therefore doesn't pick up that the scanner is available.

Any ideas from anyone?

thanks
    Steve

Re: Fuji Lanovia c550 mac problems

Maybe you should boot to OS9.

not an junior member Janko Belaj's Avatar

give us some details steve, what mac, what version of os?

If you are using any Adaptec card and running OSX 10.4.x or OS 10.3.6 or later that could b your problem .... Adaptec stopped supporting the Mac operating system after 10.3.5 and, AFAIK, the support for 10.3.5 is a beta driver that works fine but was never released in a final version.

If that is the problem let me know and I will email you the 10.3.5 beta driver.

Whatever the card and version remember that you do need to install the driver if you want the computer to recognize the scanner.

I run two hard drives on my server, one boots into 10.4.8 and the other into 10.3.5 specifically to run the Cezanne scanner.

You can run in 10.4.8 but you will need a card from ATTO, I am in a hotel room right now so I can't tell you the model number. Again, email me if you want it.

Hi Guys,

thanks for your replies. It was an OS upgrade conflict in the extensions folder.

I have another question regarding the Fuji c550 scanner however. Does anyone know of a good scanning software that is compatible with the Fuji C550 Lanovia flat bed scanner?

Or waht software it was shipped with when new?

tks
    Steve

You can try http://www.colorprofiling.com/ for a trial package of the dedicated Fuji software. AFAIK you will have to go with this or some other dedicated software. There may be third party software available but if so I don't know what it is. Silverfast is not available for the Lanovia. You might also try contacting Fuji direct in the UK which is one of the places where Fuji is still actively marketing high end scanners.

thanks Ted,

do you know which product I should go for on the colour profiling site. there seems to be a few choices.

tks
    Steve

No, not really. I can go take a look and give you my opinion but it wouldbe on software that I neither run nor have any familiarity with. My suggestion .... calla them direct ... yup I know they are in the UK but these days a telephone call to the UK shouldn't cost you more than 10 cenets a minute (costs me 3 with the plan I have).