Hi folks.. I've still not used my camera enough, i have a few days off work so hopefully i'll be able to shoot something!!

I've just got back a roll of 120film that i shot in my horseman 6x12cm roll film back.. a good number of them are some test portraits in bright sunny conditions where the shutter speed was able to be kept nice and fast for no blur from moving people.

They are pretty nice shots, but only when viewed quite zoomed out, up close you can notice that there isn't a great deal of sharpness on any of the 3 people i managed to fit into the panoramic frame. I can only assume that either i wasn't very well focused in the first place, or the subjects moved whilst I was taking out the glass and fitting the rollfilm back into the camera. It was my first roll of film through the back so i wasn't exactly being speedy with it.

I just wondered if anyone had any tips on how you can shoot sharp portraits with LF when your sitter isn't perhaps going to stay perfectly still. I didn't note down the aperture i'd used but i'm quite sure it was near to f22.. the distance from lens to subject would have been around 2m or so, not sure how much DOF i would have had in these circumstances but even with keeping their feet still I'm guessing they were able to drift out of that sharp band of focusing.

Its not something i'll ever really plan to shoot a lot of, but i may try again sometime soon.. any tips to getting something so sharp the sitter wont want to do it again as they dont like seeing all their skin that close up Once i can happily shoot it that sharp, then i can deliberately make asthetically pleasing softer focus portraits

Cheers

Jim