Thread: Arca Swiss Customer Service

Arca Swiss Customer Service

I know Arca Swiss are really nice cameras. However their customer service has m e questioning my decision to buy a Discovery. E-mails take weeks get answered. Remember their cataloque request? I asked them a question and they said sorry that it took so long to response. When people need their ballheads and Large For mat cameras repaired how long does repairs and getting parts take? I know their products are very much loved but how about their support? How can this company make great products and only provide ok customer service? What I am really int erested in is how long will it take for them to response to this negative post. I am sorry for being negative, it just I ask them a question and they take awhil e.

My experience with two instances has been good. You do have to be somewhat forceful in requesting help.

The first problem was with my camera needing some relatively minor adjustment. Via email, A-S told me how to do it myself, but stated that any adjustment should be done *very* carefully. Their disclaimer had me worried, so I asked for more help. They called me, and walked me through the adjustment in several minutes.

My second problem was with a excellent condition pre-owned accessory not fitting smoothly. Their Chicago-based repair person made some adjustments, and they express shipped it back.

In the end, I was a very happy customer.

I recently posted a similar question. The camera I ordered was out of stock and it took Arca several weeks to deliver, but boy is this a beautiful instrument!! I don't regret the wait.

Here is the e-mail address for Arca Swiss: arca-swiss@swissonline.ch. Why don't you ask them this question directly rather than wait for someone from Arca to stumble across a question on this forum? My experience with Arca se rvice and advice has been exemplary.

Dear Ellis, I e-mailed them a couple of days. I expect a response in just a couple of...weeks. Sorry guys, I have this project I want to do and want to figure out everything.

I e-mail to the ARCA address above sometimes. At the latest, they reply to me in 2 weeks or so, but they've been sincere and I believe there is a reason why it takes long.

If you need an immediate assistance or questions, call or e-mail Jeff at Badger Graphic or Rod at Photomark. Both of them are well known Arca lovers.

I second the Photomark recommendation.

I sent my Arca swiss B1 ballhead to them in Chicago for service. The head was frozen to the tripod screw and I could not get it off. Like a fool I figured that if I could tighten the panning screw enough, I could grip the whole head and get it to unscrew. I used a wrench and tightened the panning screw to the point where I sheared it off. My stomach sunk to a new low.

Arca Swiss repaired the head, replaced the panning screw and the internal ring that I dented. It was returned to me in about two weeks working as good as new. Best part was they repaired it under warranty. I was shocked but elated.

Needless to say I am pleased ith Arca and their service.

I must also say that when ordering equipment from them, one must be very patient. But as they say, great equipement is worth the wait. I also own an Arca Swiss F-line 4x5 metric. It is a wonderfully made and easy to use camera.

Mike