Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Guide to Collecting Fine Art Photography

2007 Guide to Collecting Fine Art Photography

Focus Magazine is assembling a list of galleries, dealers and fine art photographers from all around the world. To have your name, phone number, website, e-mail, and information about your photography listed in this is completely free of charge. Our circulation for this issue will be right around 20,000, so it is a great opportunity to reach a lot of readers for absolutely nothing. For more information, please e-mail me, david@focusmag.info.

Re: 2007 Guide to Collecting Fine Art Photography

Given the fiasco involving Michael Gordon, I'm curious to learn how many participants on this site are willing to take advantage of this "great opportunity to reach a lot of readers for absolutely nothing".

I'm just curious...

Rick Russell

LOL...seems the guy is trying to buy his way into our good graces. OTOH it could be just another scam to get photographer's addresses and e mails so he can peddle his "3 issue" promotion. I am certainly not willing to get involved in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Russell View Post
    Given the fiasco involving Michael Gordon, I'm curious to learn how many participants on this site are willing to take advantage of this "great opportunity to reach a lot of readers for absolutely nothing".

I'm just curious...

Rick Russell

Michael E. Gordon

If the cost is "absolutely nothing", then why not just let readers know what information they need to submit instead of asking them to contact you for more information? Hmmm.....

AN easier answer - simply buy my prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gordon View Post
    If the cost is "absolutely nothing", then why not just let readers know what information they need to submit instead of asking them to contact you for more information? Hmmm.....
    A listing consists of: Your name, phone number, e-mail address, website, city/state, printing process of your photography and type of photography you create. A listing with no image is absolutely free and so far we have about 100 of them. We have space for 1000.

If a photographers wants a black and white image to accompony the listing it's $100, if they want a color image to accompony the listing, it's $200.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Why is it a scam? If you don't want a photo to accompany your listing it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    Why is it a scam? If you don't want a photo to accompany your listing it's free.
    I got no time to explain it to you, by all means go ahead and send your info.

After seeing you lie like a cheap rug in this forum, do you really think I beleive anything you say? So far, I have yet to hear anything good about your rag, that is not comming from you that is...

Quote Originally Posted by FocusMag View Post
    Jorge, people are too smart to listen to your nonsense. Focus is a first class operation, interviewing the most important people out there today and being distributed at the most important photography events.

In fact, just this year, over 10,000 copies total were distributed at Photo LA, AIPAD, Photo San Francisco, Photo New York, Photokina, Paris Photo and The Edward Weston Collection's Marilyn Monroe Exhibition and Auction. At the latter, we are the only magazine being distributed at all of the major black tie events. Edward Weston himself approved this.

We are actually about to celebrate our two year anniversary. Fly by night? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    After seeing you lie like a cheap rug in this forum, do you really think I beleive anything you say? So far, I have yet to hear anything good about your rag, that is not comming from you that is...
    Jorge, all I have are four names for you:

Stephen Perloff
    Anthony Bannon
    John Bennette
    Steve Anchell

What do they all have in common? Well, besides being extremely influential in the world of photography, Stephen Perloff is the Editor of the Photograph Collector and Photo Review, Anthony Bannon is the Director of the George Eastman House, John Bennette is a world renowned expert in collecting photography, Steve Anchell is widely known for his expertise in fine art photography as well as being the former editor of PhotoVision. Every single one of these gentelmen are writing for Focus Magazine, in fact, Steve Anchell is the Editor in Chief. If I wan't putting out the highest quality product, I wouldn't have these names.

If any photographer wants their work seen in Focus magazine, we are once again, going to be distributed at this year's AIPAD show which is the biggest show for photography collectors in America and probably the entire hemisphere if not world. Again, we could not attain the distribution we have if we weren't the best.

Don't believe me?

Anyone can look at a PDF of my current issue. www.focusmag.info/dec06preview.pdf

Judge for yourself.

180 pages makes a big file. About 20 MB. Have fun downloading.
    Last edited by David Spivak-Focus Magazine; 24-Oct-2006 at 16:21.