Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Changing tents

Questions about Changing tents

There are two kind of changing tents,
    One is called changing room like
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/l...ages/41880.jpg

the other is usual changing tent.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/l...ges/172903.jpg

Can anyone tell me the advantage or disadvantage of these two tents? I want to buy one changing tent, the first one is much cheaper.

Eric Biggerstaff

Re: Questions about Changing tents

I use one similar to the "Changing Room" and I like it very much. I think the main difference is that the supports in the "Changing Room" are internal, swen into the product. It pops open and then you collapse it when done.

The changing tents I have seen have external poles that you fit through swen sleeves. When done, you remove the poles to collapse the tent.

The tents I think are more compact when folded and will take up less room in a pack or bag, the "Changing Rooms" are not as compact.

Each works fine. If you plan to backpack or have space limitations in bags, then the tent might be a better choice.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Thanks, I think I will go with the cheaper one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Biggerstaff View Post
    I use one similar to the "Changing Room" and I like it very much. I think the main difference is that the supports in the "Changing Room" are internal, swen into the product. It pops open and then you collapse it when done.

The changing tents I have seen have external poles that you fit through swen sleeves. When done, you remove the poles to collapse the tent.

The tents I think are more compact when folded and will take up less room in a pack or bag, the "Changing Rooms" are not as compact.

Each works fine. If you plan to backpack or have space limitations in bags, then the tent might be a better choice.

Another difference is the location of the sleeves. I have a changing tent with the sleeves on the front and I find it quite comfortable to use. The changing room, with the sleeves on the sides, seems like it would be awkward but I've never used one.

Cheers,
    Mark

I had the Photoflex one and hated it, the sleeves on the side made it harder to use than the front sleeves which are on the Calumet and Redwing models.

I found one from China, which has the front sleeve. I might buy that one. 53.5cm*42cm*37.5cm, I think it is good for 4X5, is it good for 8X10?

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

I use a changing room myself, I have never used the tent. I like the "room" as I can sit down, watch TV and load film with the "room" on my lap. Also, the room folds up very flat, and is excellent for travel.
    Compared to the tent however, I cannot say which is better.

joe
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

I have the first one and I am very happy with it. I stick most of my arm inside, so I am not bothered by the sleeves being high. It is good value for the money.

I use a Harrison tent to load reels and tanks. It rolls up and sits on top of a shelf when not in use. I place the tent on the center island in my kitchen and sit with usually the History channel in the background. I cannot comment on the efficiency of its use outside as I made the switch to Quickloads a few years ago when I got tired of dealing with dust and a brush.

I have both. The Room is fine. The location of the sleeves doesn't bother me. It doesn't fold up as small as the Tent and it is very easy to set up, etc.
    I use the Tent for 8x10 because it has a lot more room. It was also a LOT MORE expensive but I really like the extra room for the larger film holders.
    I'd say either would work for 4x5 and 5x7 just fine.
    Tom