Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do you guys use for drum scanning?

Re: Who do you guys use for drum scanning?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Vuillemenot View Post
    West Coast Imaging
    Ditto.... they do all my scanning.

....If you send me a scan of anything....Pre-printed..trans...Ill scan first item for FREE.....or how bout' this...... send me a Trans that any of these other "Fine Art Drum Scanning Company's"have done for you.....By the look's of it my price $30.00 each....$20.00..For High Volume....Is going to make u happy...wait till u see my scan's......Ive been doing this since 1991...My brother since 1984...On old Hell-With
    40 Adjustment per color....Test us out with....Some scans someone else did?I'll do 1 for free ...Give me a print on a Painting.....Ill hold brush stroke,...No moire...at 700%....Ive done it on T.Kinkades Stuff ...For a 3rd party....mr.portis06@yahoo.com...Im doing this through my bros...pre-press company...so u can expect all the great service...his other clients get(Since 1986)...pay by Visa,Mastercard....?
    Last edited by keith connelly; 2-Nov-2006 at 07:12.

Doug Dolde

I've had about 20 drum scans done by WCI.

Several exhibited what appears to be moire along one side likely due to the Kami fluid having evaporated in that area. This happened on mostly sky area or at least that is where it was noticable. I just cloned it out...probably should have sent them back for a rescan.

On the contrary my $14.00 Imacon 949 scans from JaincoTech are always perfect.

...Not As Good As My Linotype/Hell...Drum Scans....Not Even on Same Field...If you want High Quality........

I dont get Moire.....Or I will Not Send You Back On Disk....Not From Trans Or Screen Print.....And After Im Done With Scan....You Will Need No Work In Photoshop Cs.....Unless YOU do Color Tweak.....Unless Your Trans Is -Faded,To Yelllow,or Print is Yellow???...I Can Fix All On The Fly....I Can Have Scanner Put Step Scales Along Trans.......So You Can Check Density Jumps...All Under Oil Top & Bottom....No Noise....Ill Run Circles Around That Imacon 949......And You Give Me High Volume....Ill Do My Drum Scan's For 20$.......You Cant Compare the 2 Scanners....I Payed $130.000 6 years ago.....Imacon....$20,0000????
    Last edited by keith connelly; 2-Nov-2006 at 10:07.

...Give me a call on cell.....I work out of My brothers Pre-Press Shop(1986).....We have Everthing from Digital Flat-bed Printer...We also produce (96x60)...Film Of Imagesetter for Screen Printers......You Can trust me with your work....we have done work.....for M&M..Mars....I Dont get any work on my Hell so I can Offer a good Price....Call with Any ?...I Understand...1(708)825-4183

Keith - see your e-mail regarding commercial posts and the guidelines. 'Nuf said?

....Hey I Do Not Want Anyone Mad!....Im Trying To Get Work,....Im Sorry If I Posted In The Wrong Place....Or Came Off Bad.....I Have Great Equipment.....I Just Want To Be Of Help....If I Can.........I Just Hope Someone Calls or I Get E-mail....So I Can Get Some Good Feed-Back............
    Last edited by keith connelly; 2-Nov-2006 at 10:37.

Man, you like the ellipsis…

After using several well known service bureaus I bought an Imacon and do the scanning myself. I had a very bad experience with Nancy Scans and would advise others to use them with caution. I gave them a drum scan to do, granted not an easy one but one that I was able to scan at the time fairly well with a flat bed, and Nancy Scans sent me back a super noisy scan with serious scan lines. Completely unuseable. I sent them back the chrome, they scanned it again and again it was unuseable. They said that they'd credit me for the scans, and when I got my credit card bill there was the charge but no credit. I called them, they said they'd credit me, I'd check the bill each month and no credit so I'd cvall them again. This went on for a year. Bottom line they did a lousy job, lied to me about giving me a credit and never credited me.

P.S. I have since scanned the same image with my Imacon, no problem.