Thread: Sinar f1/F2 Bellows Extension Question

Sinar f1/F2 Bellows Extension Question

The sinar site lists the extension for F1/F2 with the "multipurpose" bellows as 4cm to 45cm. B&H list the minimum extension with the normal bellows as 83mm.

Is GG set back from the bellows so that minimum bellows extension is not the minimum ffl you can use?

Is the multipurpose bellows the same as the normal bellows, i.e., is there only one normal, as opposed to bag bellows?

Can I use a 90mm with a ffl of 94mm with the normal bellows and get full movements?

How about a 75mm with a ffl of 83mm and somewhat more limited image circle?

How about a wider lens like a 55mm with a ffl of 70m and very little movement at all?

I want to use this in the field, so changing bellows to change lenses is not very attractive. I am most concerned with the 90mm and the normal - it is the widest I own now, and the main reason for wanting a monorail. I would really like to be able use it with the normal bellows.
    Last edited by Ed Richards; 17-Oct-2006 at 06:44.

Re: Sinar f1/F2 Bellows Extension Question

The minimal bellows extention of 4 cm is with the normal bellows completely compressed, i.e. no movements are possible.
    I doubt strongly that you will be able to use any usefull movements (except for a little outwards tilt) with a lens shorter than 90mm.

You should opt for a bag bellows, even with the 90mm lens.

Greetings,
    G
    Last edited by Geert; 17-Oct-2006 at 06:46.

Ed, I have seen Sinar WA bellows go for $40 on Ebay.

I have not used my F1 much since I bought the Toho. As I remember, extreme rise was not possible with the 110mm, and don't think that infinity focus would be possible with a 75mm, but I never tried, because I have the WA bellows.

If I get time today, and there are no better answers I will drag it out and try.

Thanks! Do not bother Ron, I think Geert answered my question. I am not opposed to the bag bellows, I just hate the notion of having to carry two bellows into the field if I want to change from a wide lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Richards View Post
    Thanks! Do not bother Ron, I think Geert answered my question. I am not opposed to the bag bellows, I just hate the notion of having to carry two bellows into the field if I want to change from a wide lens.
    I used to use the bag bellows for my 180mm, so if you just plan to use fairly short lenses you can get away with just the bag.