Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All in a Day's Shooting

Re: All in a Day's Shooting

Hey Michael,

Great idea for a thread. I wonder how many of us really have the guts to put EVERY shot up so we all can see it. I've got a day similar to yours coming up where my wife will be at a class all day, and I'm planning to take my new Toyo 45CF. The location is out of state so I have no idea what I'll be shooting. Should be interesting....maybe. As soon as I get back and set up a simple website, I'll follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by MIke Sherck View Post
    IDo folks use these old press cameras hand held? 'Cause a 4x5 snapshot may just be the Next Coolest Thing for me...
    Speed and Crown Graphics were intended to be used hand held. I've hand held my pre-WWII Anniversary Speed down to 1/20 second on the focal plane shutter (with a 105 mm lens), though I'd really recommend a faster shutter if you have any choice in the matter... Mount a 135/4.5 Tessar type on there, adjust in the Kalart rangefinder, and you've got the configuration that was most used by press photographers for close to fifty years. Add a potato masher flash with a salad bowl for a reflector, a solenoid synchronizer, and mount a bulb that could be mistaken for a nuclear blast, and you've got Weegee's setup...
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

The Vancouver 6 is planning a shoot this coming weekend...maybe I can talk to one of our members to scan in our negs and post them here...hey John, I'm talking to you. Capocheny...you have an 8x10 scanner, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fourbyfive View Post
    Hey Michael,

Great idea for a thread. I wonder how many of us really have the guts to put EVERY shot up so we all can see it. I've got a day similar to yours coming up where my wife will be at a class all day, and I'm planning to take my new Toyo 45CF. The location is out of state so I have no idea what I'll be shooting. Should be interesting....maybe. As soon as I get back and set up a simple website, I'll follow suit.
    Well, I thought it would be fun. So far I'm the only one embarrassing myself. C'mon, people!! Let's see what'cha got!! I even showed my nearly blank one with just enough detail of something to show it wasn't unexposed.

(BTW: I think the person who supposed was another shot of the pub was right. I did shoot another angle of that. Methinks that was it.)
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    The Vancouver 6 is planning a shoot this coming weekend...maybe I can talk to one of our members to scan in our negs and post them here...hey John, I'm talking to you. Capocheny...you have an 8x10 scanner, right?
    Hi Andrew,

Ashcroft... here we come!

No, I only have the Epson 3200... John has the V750.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!