Thread: Fugi B&W dead by 2007

Fugi B&W dead by 2007

Hello,

You may remeber my post on investing in the future..here is afurther short glimpse into the very close future. This was on the Megperls website.

July 20, 2006

Fujifilm to discontinue black & white bulk rolls, Rembrant V papers

This is bad news for everyone enjoying the great Fuji Neopan films by "rolling your own", i.e. buying in 30.5m/100ft rolls. We are disappointed to inform you that Fujifilm has announced that they will drop Neopan 100 Acros, Neopan 400 Presto, Neopan 1600 Super Presto and Neopan SS from their product line in March 2007. We expect a lot of stock-up purchasing before that, leading to fears that the pipeline will run dry long before that and will do our best to counter it. We recommend that you stock up well in advance.

Note that this does not affect the Neopan film supplied ready in cartridges. Neopan will not disappear - for now (?).

Rembrant V fibre based papers are also affected.

Gerry

Japan Exposures

Re: Fugi B&W dead by 2007

Not sure what you are trying to say with your post. First it is spelled "Fuji" and secondly they are not discontinuing any film per se, just the format it is sold in. Thirdly "by 2007" means this year which is not said anywhere either.

But thanks for looking at my site anyway. I have edited the text to avoid others getting similarly worried. Boy, film people are jittery these days
    Last edited by Dirk Rösler; 11-Oct-2006 at 20:37.

As Dirk already pointed out, Fuji is not stopping production of any film, just the bulk rolls and several papers. Fuji has said publicly in Japan several times, they want do thier best to keep BW and color film in production, even if its only a little bit. So far they are trying, they may consolidate thier product line somewhat, but at least for now they plan to keep production going.

Gary

Well you are right I did spell Fuji wrong....and I should have probably put a question mark after my title. Nevertheless this is the start of Fuji B&W film leaving the scene.. a gradual withdrawal per say....at the end of the Megaperl comment it states and read carefully.

" Quote: Note that this does not affect the Neopan film supplied ready in cartridges. Neopan will not disappear - for now (?). "

This statement appears to have a question mark at the end and an air of uncertainty regarding the future of non bulk Fuji B&W film. I'm not trying to start a chicken little thing but the wheels are slowing down for B&W. Stock up on the Fuji you love..it will be cheap and available know...your fridge and time are on your side.

Gerry the sky is falling Harrison

Japan Exposures

While you're at it, you may want to correct "Victoira" in your profile.

Anyway, just to be explicit: I am Megaperls and I wrote that post. I added the question mark and I am personally responsible for any real or perceived 'air of uncertainty'.

We apologize for any anxiety suffered due to the (mis?)use of bracketed question marks on our web site.

DISCLAIMER: this is not an investment recommendation.

OK, let's leave it here
    Last edited by Dirk Rösler; 11-Oct-2006 at 21:09.

Who buys 30.5m bulk rolls? This refers to 35mm bulk films, not large format sheet films.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

"Nevertheless this is the start of Fuji B&W film leaving the scene.. a gradual withdrawal per say..... . . . "

Since you're getting spelling corrections, it isn't "per say," it's per se.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Moat View Post
    Who buys 30.5m bulk rolls? This refers to 35mm bulk films, not large format sheet films.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio
    35mm bulk rolls would allow you to get any format sheets, with just a few stripes of tape... well, never mind.

Hello,

Since a great percentage of the replies to my post have mentioned my spelling errors and not really a discussion of the topic at hand..I would consider this topic a dead horse.
    Thanks to all those that did view the post and may have taken away a bit of information if you agree or not.

Next time Gerry.