Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photokina

Re: Photokina

The 12Xy is no worse than a professional 8x10 (not a folding wooden box) so it would appeal to the same "no compromise / deep pockets" sort of crowd. We know that a $800 dSLR will satisfy 99% of the customers most of the time but there is still that niggling 1% who will pay for the best

Does anyone have more information about the Arca Swiss R? I would like to know about how much vertical and horizontal shift will be possible with this camera.

Dominique Wehrli

Since nobody from the forum came by to visit us (sob), here's what we debuted at Photokina... the Fotoman Dmax. (http://www.fotomancamera.com/prodect_list.asp?id=253). The Dmax camera has x/y movements of 50mm only, accepts rollfilm backs from 6x4.5 to 6x12, MF Digital backs and over 100 lenses... at a sub-stratospheric price tag of 2700 USD.

Paul, can those sliding bars on the front of the camera hold firmly even a heavier lens?

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    Paul, can those sliding bars on the front of the camera hold firmly even a heavier lens?
    The camera pictured is of prototype #001... the sliding bars were added at the last moment in order to debut the camera at Photokina. Production cameras will not utilize this method to affix Lens/Cone assemblies, instead employing a lower flange receiver and two high strength engagement pins on the top corner of each Cone Assembly. The engagement pins will be captured in the body itself, and released by dual spring loaded sliding latches... the actual latching mechanism being internal.

This means no extraneous mounting hardware will be required, such as screws, making lens changes more sure and far quicker. Canteliever loads for heavier Lens/Cone Assemblies have been accounted for during the development of the latching mechanisms.

That consoles me, Paul, because I knew the sliding bar would not be enough (I had problems with similar Graflok sliding bars on my Mamyia Press).

I visited you, Paul. And even had a look at the Dmax (and especially the 810 :-)

Nice cameras, well made. Happily looking forward to order one in Germany.