Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Twin Cities, Minnesota.

Re: Greetings from Twin Cities, Minnesota.

Greetings, Linda, from another of the Twin Cities crowd.

Are you at the Art Institute? I was there for a conference a long time ago and was impressed with the whole place and the beauty of it. Any one of the often mentioned view camera books will be of great help. If you can swing it, getting a camera of your own to play with is invaluable. Most rough and ready (almost junkers) can be made serviceable cheaply or even for free. Check around and contact other LF people in the area. Someone may have one with your name on it. Enjoy-the possibilities are endless if your imagination is.
    Michael

Tom, Rick and Lazybones (hmm sounds like the name of a band) nice to meet some fellow Minnesotans. Michael, don't I wish I was attending the Art Institute. Too expensive for me to attend but agree it's impressive. I plan to check around for deals. One of the students recently bought a bunch of second hand equipment including a LF camera for next to nothing, so I know there are deals out there if your willing to take the time to find them. Lazybones, I go to Century College. They have a decent Visual Communications Program for a Community College. Best part is that it's affordable and only 5 minutes from home. I'm getting an AAS degree. Mike, it's good to be curious, you can learn a lot that way. There are 12 students in class which is the max and they only have one view camera and it is a 4 X 5. There is plenty of open lab time, so I don't see it as a problem to get my hands on it when I want.

You can also rent stuff from West Photo, if need be.

West Photo was mentioned last semester as a reasonable priced place to buy supplies but I didn't know you could rent stuff. It's in Minneapolis right? Thanks for the tip!

Linda