Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Austria

Eric Biggerstaff

Re: Hello from Austria

Stewy,

The brand is Lotus adn they are beautiful.

The web site is http://www.lotusviewcamera.at/

Hope that helps.

Eric
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Ohh,

I already knew that brand befor but never looked on the domain ending to come on the idea that it´s made in Austria.
    Yeah they make really nice cameras.
    This would be one of the brands that I would buy beside an Ebony or if I don´t have anouth money a Shen Hao. But if I buy a new camera of any of these 3 brands I would like to get a 8x10 or bigger if I still can get films in my town because ordering it in the web would be generally to expensive for me and 8x10 is a normal standard format so far.
    As Enlarger I got a 5x7 IFF with a really heavy cast iron foot and an old Schneider 210 enlarger lense.
    http://www.livegreif.at/IFF/images/sturm_022.jpg
    I dont have a lot of money and that´s why I wash my prints so far in a adapted aquarium and dry them in blotting paper.
    I only have to find an easy methode to get the prints on the carton. I think cold bonding foild would be the easiest way but I have to find a better way to avoid bubbles.

wfg Stewy

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    PS.: Excuse me if my English is not the best
    Hello Stewy,

I'm sure your English is better than my German!

Have you had a look at Argentum Camera from Hungary? It looks like they can be a good alternative for low-cost lightweight 8x10's.

Hello again,

@Ole Tjugen: Yeah i heard of that brand in hungary. I am also on a german viewcameaforum and there we have a big thread with nearly all actual brands that are still produced.
    I think its a good alternative to a Shen Hao and it comes from Europe.

wfg Stewy

Ciao Stewy,

Eric from Colorado beat me on time with the reply. The Austrian company I was referring to is exactly Lotus. They are excellent people and they manufacture wonderful cameras but, as most of the times, the quality goes with the price ......

I wish to remind you that in Europe there are several manufacturers of very good films, papers and chemicals. Efke (Croatian) and Foma (Czech) are among them. For developing the negatives I use the excellent and inexpensive APH 09. It is the old formulation of the Agfa Rodinal and, according to someone, even better that this when developing sheet films. Once again, check the Fotoimpex site for prices of the above.

To LF lenses are currently more expensive than in the US but there are several good occasions in Austria and Germany (according to my experience in France and Italy they tend to be more expensive).

Check the German and Austrian ebay to get an idea about the current prices of the LF lenses.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Luca

Jim Ewins

Smile Re: Hello from Austria

Lotus View Camera is beautiful, great features and priced right. If only I knew before I bought my Wxxxxr. www.lotusviewcamera.at

Hallo, Stewy!
    What is the name of the German LF site? I am a former German teacher and would like to see what they do. Wie heisst diese Site? Ich bin ehemaliger Deutschlehrer und sehe gern was da gemacht ist.
    Michael

Hallo Stewy and Michael
    I know Stewy from thad side my nickname is Johnars sei herzlich gegrüsst hier ich kenne das Forum hier schon 4-5 Jahre!
    Für Michael sollen wir ein bisschen den Deutsch frisch halten?
    Hier der link: http://www.grossformatfotografie.de
    Viel Spass, Armin

Quote Originally Posted by Armin Seeholzer View Post
    Hallo Stewy and Michael
    I know Stewy from thad side my nickname is Johnars sei herzlich gegrüsst hier ich kenne das Forum hier schon 4-5 Jahre!
    Für Michael sollen wir ein bisschen den Deutsch frisch halten?
    Hier der link: http://www.grossformatfotografie.de
    Viel Spass, Armin
    Hallo, Armin!
    Beim Deutsch--ja, sicher! Sonst bekomme ich keine Uebung. Im Moment unterrichte ich nur Englisch...
    Michael

Hallo Michael
    Du wohnst in Marion ist das richtig?
    Ich habe eine Deutsche Freundin die heisst Marion zum Vornamen die müsste ja da dann mal hin!
    Wie gross ist das?
    Liebe Grüsse, Armin aus der Schweiz