Thread: Suggestions for delta 100 developer with jobo

Question Suggestions for delta 100 developer with jobo

I've shot Delta 100 for years with 120 and my normal developer is Edwal FG7 with 9% sodium sulfite- 1:15. I've been happy with the results, except that with 4x5 I think I want more acutance (since have fine grain isn't an issue). Can anyone make some suggestions for a good (chemical, not powder) developer.

My shooting style: delta 100 4x5 and lots of expansion developing (N+1, N+2) and a good amount of N developing. Industrial photos usually on overcast days, I like good tonal range, but would like better accutance/edge crispness than what I'm getting with the fg7 ss combo.

How is the Pyrocat-HD stuff with a jobo and delta? I've heard it has a nice high acutance and it comes in a liquid form from Photographers Formulary.

I'll be using a jobo 3010 on a motor base.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
    Last edited by optV; 17-Sep-2006 at 00:51.

Re: Suggestions for delta 100 developer with jobo

I've been using Ilfotec DDX which is designed to bring out the best in the new-style T-grain emulsions like Delta. Unimaginative perhaps, but the stuff does work, at least using Combiplan tanks!

Richard

I am using the CPP2 with the 3010 and other smaller drums. The B&W developers I use allow me to obtain a range of negative results by alterning the dilutions. I use TMax 100 and Pan F film. I develop in TMax RS or Rodinal. Both these brews work well for me making the printing stage easy and so consistant. Should you wish to have a go with these developers try: T.Max RS Dil. 100/900 10.5 Mins @ 20c or Rodinal Dil. 1/9 for 6.5 mins @ 20c.

Delta 100 developed in 510-Pyro/3010/ATL 2 Plus works very well for me. 510-Pyro is a single solution, like Rodinal or HC 110, but more concentrated than either, and extremely convenient and economical to use. 510-Pyro gives me full film speed+, very high acutance, excellent gradation and easy-printing negatives. 510-Pyro works very well with rotary processing, without having to adjust the ratios of two solutions to reduce general stain, or prevent streaking. It is, by far, the most user-friendly staining developer I've used.

My normal development regime for Delta 100 is EI 100/510-Pyro 1:100/ 7:00/70F. I do more expansion development than contraction development, and for rotary processing like to keep my development times between 5 and 10 min.

If you're not set up to measure chemicals, Artcraft Chemicals will sell you a pre-measured kit of the dry chemicals, which you simply add to the required volume of TEA (triethanolamine), and heat with stirring to make the concentrate. I get my TEA from The Chemistry Store.com. Good luck.

Jay

Thanks for the suggestions.

Anyone tried TFX-2 with delta?