Thread: Richard Ritter's ULF

Richard Ritter's ULF

Richard Ritter just updated his web site with information about his lightweight ULF (available first as a 7x17, with other, interchangeable sizes available). The updated information discusses the camera and how to buy it. Availability is quite limited, so act early if you're interested.

http://www.lg4mat.net/ will get you there.

I have no financial interest in Richard's camera-making venture. I post this to help him as a good friend. Mostly, I want him to get this ULF stuff off the ground so he can turn to making ultra-light 8x10s and 5x7s, which he has hinted he might do.

You go, boy!
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Re: Richard Ritter's ULF

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Barlow
    Richard Ritter just updated his web site with information about his lightweight ULF (available first as a 7x17, with other, interchangeable sizes available). The updated information discusses the camera and how to buy it. Availability is quite limited, so act early if you're interested.

http://www.lg4mat.net/ will get you there.

I have no financial interest in Richard's camera-making venture. I post this to help him as a good friend. Mostly, I want him to get this ULF stuff off the ground so he can turn to making ultra-light 8x10s and 5x7s, which he has hinted he might do.

You go, boy!
    The features of these cameras look very interesting. Nice movements, light weight, good bellows draw and quite attractive in the marriage of wood and carbon fiber technology. But what really sets this line apart from everything else on the market is the ability to change the back to use it either vertically or horizontally, which is a lot more convenient than trying to turn the camera on its side. I believe this will make RRs line a big seller.

One thing I can not tell from the description is how small a package the camera folks up into. Anyone know the answer to this?

Sandy King

Sandy,

Richard was able to transport the prototype in a Samsonite suitcase.

John

Another great feature of Richard's cameras is the ability to change formats by adding a new back and bellows, so if I ever decide that 7x17 is too small and I need to go to 8x20, all I need to do is call Richard and order a new back and bellows. The rest of the camera remains the same. Then I need to call Sandy and order some film holders....

Oh yea, and the prices are more than competitive.
    Last edited by John Bowen; 14-Sep-2006 at 16:50.

Here is a link to the page:

http://www.lg4mat.net/ulfcamera.html

If it's not too much trouble, perhaps someone could redo the "camera folded up" photo, including a familiar item, a ruler, or other visual reference, to convey a sense of scale.

Great photo of Richard, by the way ! The scenery makes me want to move to Vermont ASAP.
    Last edited by Ken Lee; 14-Sep-2006 at 16:54.