Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The perfect item that you bought & you're done searching for another

Re: The perfect item that you bought & you're done searching for another

Markins M10 Ballhead. It is a perfect combination of smoothness during adjustment and solidness when locked. It is a joy to own. It makes all other ballheads I have seen look like cheap junk. If I lost mine and new ones cost ten times what they do now, I would gulp hard and buy another (and hide the credit card bill).

I recently replaced my Manfrotto 3047 head with the 405 geared head. It was a great value for my money and does exactly what I want it to.

Interesting Terence - I had a 3047 head that was probably my favorite tilt/pan head & gave it to my son who then got a Manfrotto 410 geared head which is great.

My guess is that I would select the 410 head as one of the best all time simple/easy to use/cost/value & precision heads going.

I forgot to finish my statements & posted too early - the Manfrotto 405 which I have not used appears to have a lot going for it & thanks for posting

with no hesitation... my bookmarks for large format forums !
    the most helpfull piece of equipment !
    considering harware i would said my gitzo carbon fiber... i used too sufer a lot from my back carrying a gitzo 5 classic !

but i still looking for the perfect head !
    and i can't affort the arca C1... for sinar 8x10, the sinar is a good one... but i can't use it with my arca F line... the 405 manfrotto/bogen is very good for levelling but the 8x10 weight too much for it.... grggrgrggrg
    Last edited by archivue; 21-Sep-2006 at 00:05.