Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why not incident?

Re: Why not incident?

Kirk,
    Of course you must have the last word, best of all you are absolutly correct in all of your comments! (correct in your own mind, but not in the minds of others) I am still laughing and most likely will be doing so for some time to come.

A. I did read your concept of the thread over several times, it is still amusing!

B. That you were talking about your own work, well that never came accross. It sounded very much like everyone making pictures should do it your way, and if they don't they are somehow wrong.

C. Any one who has ever stepped behind a big box knows that there are many ways to skin the cat. To believe and support your way as the only way is indeed amusing.
    Your statement of justification is with out a doubt very funny and yes I am still laughing.

D. Your pitiful attempt to justify your comment just dosen't float. In your mind I am the enemy, NOT I simply laugh when I read in a thread your expressed thoughts!

E. I am glad you enjoyed my teminology for those who go into the dark with a less than perfect negative and try to convert it into art by "diddling" with it. Believe me, the better negative you take in to print the better the final print will be.

F. For the record, I am not defending anything, you put your foot in your mouth, I simply pointed it out to you.

G. I totally disagree that much of the art is in the darkroom, The true artist knows before he enters the dark room what the finished print will look like. No guess work involved, he makes a the best possible negative he can, to be able to reproduce the visual image he has in his head in the final print. Can you print 1 dozen 8x10's exactly alike using burning and dodging, hell no and niether can anyone else. The least manipulation of the print in the darkroom, the better you future sales will be.

I have nothing more to say, now you can jump in and get the last word!

Happy "Diddling" ! I do wish you great success in your up coming show!

Still Chuckling,
    C Webb

Charles,
    Lets agree to disagree. As far as my statement goes, it said exactly what I wanted it to say. My only regret was repeating your "dumb" reference in a snide manner. I know I teed off on you a bit, but after two days of battling with the indefagitable Jorge, I was primed. Sorry about that. I should spend more time diddling and less time on this forum. Cheers.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Richards
    Really difficult lighting really needs a spot meter, but that is pretty rare.
    Try landscape photography in Australia - you will find that 'difficult lighting' is the norm, rather than rare. I favour incident lighting measurement when I must work very quickly or I am absolutely sure that the dynamic range of the lighting in the scene is within the latitude of my film. At all other times I use a spot meter. BTW I use PORTRA 160VC in 5x4 exclusively.