Thread: LF-oriented workshops: Smokies (and Photoshop)

LF-oriented workshops: Smokies (and Photoshop)

FALL IN THE SMOKIES - OCTOBER 2006

I'd like to announce upcoming LF-oriented workshops in the Smokies, both based in Townsend, TN. Note that I won't offer these workshops in fall 2007 due to personal shooting plans at that time, meaning that fall sessions won't be available again till October 2008. I have a few slots still available. I suggest early signup and early motel reservations at this busiest time of the year, now just two months away....see this page for links to both events:

http://www.dannyburk.com/nature_phot..._workshops.htm

First is a 2-day "Introduction to Large Format" and runs from 21-22 October. This is intended for the new LF user, and includes a great amount of discussion, demonstration, and technical information to get you up to speed in Large Format quickly. It's suitable even for those still in the "thinking about it" stages, as a full range of equipment is on hand for participant use.

Second is the "full" workshop event, running from 23-28 October. While it's open to all camera formats, it's tailored to the LF user; the majority of participants are shooting LF. The workshop includes visits to many areas of the National Park during peak fall conditions. The Smokies are one of North America's best fall locations, and include a great number of ideal subjects for both "standard" and panoramic photography. (See my website for many examples.)

PHOTOSHOP FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS

There is also a 5-day session of my "Photoshop for Photographers" class coming up from 18-22 September, based in South Bend, IN. While it's naturally open to photographers shooting any format, once again it is ideally suited to the LF photographer; a Microtek 1800F scanner (capable of scanning up to 8x10) is on hand, and computers are set up to allow work on large files. Much emphasis is placed on proper use of curves, masks and selections, and high-level color correction. More info is available here:

http://www.dannyburk.com/photoshop_f...nstruction.htm

If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact me!

Best regards,
    Danny
    Visit www.dannyburk.com for fine photography galleries, drum scanning, instructional workshops and Photoshop tutorial, tips and more

Re: LF-oriented workshops: Smokies (and Photoshop)

Danny, I know you are familiar with the U.P. Do you know of any interesting barns up there?

Thanks.

Joe.
    Joseph Kayne
    Joseph Kayne Photography
    Fine Large Format Photography
    www.josephkaynephoto.com

Re: LF-oriented workshops: Smokies (and Photoshop)

Joe - I don't recall any particular barns, but I wasn't specifically looking for them last time I was in the UP in 2003. Most of my driving there is along M-28 and other major roads; I wouldn't be surprised if there is something of interest along the back roads. I'll let you know if I see anything in October.
    Visit www.dannyburk.com for fine photography galleries, drum scanning, instructional workshops and Photoshop tutorial, tips and more